Chapter 6

-Third Person POV-

"I'm sorry!", A young girl cries as she lies on the floor.

The man standing above her looks at her with a mixture of hatred and regret.

"You should have told us." He simply states before turning to walk away. The girl screams as he motions to the guards on either side of her. The tears running down her face leave streaks from where they wash away the dirt.

"You lied to us. We helped you and you lied to us." The man says in a dead voice.

"If I told you who I was, you would have let them take me!" the girl tries to explain.

"Because of you five people are dead!" The man loses his temper and the guards look to him for permission. They too want this child to suffer. She was the reason for sixteen deaths, including the Luna's.

The girl's face goes hard and then without warning fills with such pain that they step back. She pulls herself into a sitting position, wincing as her bruised ribs move.

"They did not deserve to die and you did not deserve to lose them.

I loved her too. You have every right to hate me. I wish they had just killed me." She sighs sadly. "I guess you're gonna kill me now."

The man seems taken aback by her statement.

"Now Ro, Do you think any of us would be able to kill you. We loved you. I wish we didn't have to do this but, I hereby release you to the Alpha of the Bloodshear Pack."

He steps aside to reveal a handsome young man with a smirk on his face.

"Alpha Greer" the young man acknowledges him.

The girl tries to crawl backwards but the guards pull her up by her arms and lead her to the young man. He maintains a crushing grip on her forearm as she staggers behind him trying desperately to wrench free. They reach a large black car with tinted windows. The girl starts to beg as she is pushed into the car and held down by large guards, each with a vast array of knives and guns. They fasten her arms and legs to the wall of the van.

"Sorrow never should have run away." The young man states simply. He steps into the van and as the doors close the older man sees him flip open a pocket knife and use it to cut her shirt off. It pierces her in the side and she doesn't make a sound as the blood starts running down her skin. This is an entirely different girl than the one he thought he had known.

With one last look at the reason for his mates death, the girl he had come to love like a daughter, he turns his back on the car as it drives away.

-The Present-

-Sorrows POV-

I jerk awake and for a moment I think I'm still in that car. I think I'm still with them. With Him

Then I remember all the things that have happened. I remember that I am not the thirteen year old girl on the run. All that happened almost two years ago. They won't find me here. He knew I'd rather die than come back here.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by the realization of my surroundings. I'm lying on top of pristine white sheets in a room the colour of a peach. I try to sit up and notice a IV sticking out of the vein on the back of my hand. I pull it out and stare it trying to figure out if it was helping me or drugging me. I don't know if my father wants me dead or not, but by the fact that I'm not back in the cell, I'm betting I'm in a medical room in the pack house. There's no point in me being here. My body is practically immune to all forms of medication. I would have only begun healing a moment ago due to my comatose state for the past who-knows-how-long. I tug the thin hospital gown fabric out of the way and carefully remove the cloth wrapped around my midsection. It's still sown up tight but its oozing a yellowish puss and the area around the wound is turning black. I've had wounds like this before. I know they only get worse. I swing my legs over the side of the bed and get up unsteadily. I know I should be lying down but the doc is nowhere to be seen and I don't trust him to treat me anyway. After searching through the various cabinets in the room I find a bottle of alcohol.

The doctor and several pack members flock to my room at the sound of my scream. They take in the sight of me pouring the alcohol over the wound and look at the doctor questioningly. He shrugs. I can tell he hates me. He hasn't even checked the stitches he put in almost two nights ago. From what I can tell all he's done is drawn more blood and stuck that IV in my arm.

I decide to be a sarcastic bitchy teenager. 

"Nice to know I have quality health care" I snort and he shoots me a death glare." I guess I have to check my bread for poison."

"Miss.." he pauses, waiting for me to tell him my name. 

"Ro"

"Miss Ro. I'd appreciate it if you'd show me some respect." he says icily.

"Wow, You must have been dropped on your head. You let Xa-The Alpha attack a fifteen year old and you expect me to respect you." I spit out in disgust.

He makes a note in his file and looks at me hard. Like he can magically get me to spill all my secrets.

" Hellooo, it's rude to stare" I say in a mocking voice and he quickly makes his leave. 

I lean back against my pillows and prepare for the alpha visit which I was sure would happen. The doc walks back in with the alpha and my father. They look at me hatefully and as Xander starts talking I lean back and close my eyes and try to force myself to black out. This reminds me too much of a different room, except that room held my savior and my nightmare and this merely holds the ghosts of my past.