Chapter Nine

-Sorrows POV-

My first thought was that I was drowning, but in reality it was the opposite. Instead of death embracing me, it was rejecting me once more. I could feel the darkness fading and I clung to it. To that feeling of nothingness.

Numbness.

Although the darkness did not fill my heart with joy, it did erase the blackness, the pain and the hatred and the sorrow that stained my soul like ink of a shade darker than death. When I was engulfed in darkness I felt nothing. It was as if I was gone. Like I had never existed in the first place. But the darkness was fading and I knew that I must wake up.

So I opened my eyes.

I was confused at first. I did not know where I was, or who I was for that matter.

But then the memories exploded into my head and I saw that I was in the same medical room with the same peach coloured walls and I knew that I must remain emotionless to the people who would soon come to see me based on my observation of the silver security camera that had been freshly installing in the corner of the room.

Knowing that I was being observed, I looked straight at the camera and reached inside myself to something that I could feel there for the first time in a long time and I willed the glass of the camera lens to shatter.

I held my breath for a moment and when the loud crack echoed across the room and I knew they could not see me, I smirked. I guess what they say about riding a bike is true.

As expected, three pack warriors burst into my room, expecting to see me up and preparing to flee after somehow disabling the camera.

But instead when they saw me lying there with my face pale as death and my legs strapped down to the bed, they stared. I could almost see their little minds trying to rationalize what had happened and how they could blame me for whatever it was.

"Why is the monitor blank!" The distinctive voice of Xander booked threw the walls. The guards simply stood there, whether they were too scared to move or to stupid to,I'm not entirely sure.

I hear his heavy footfalls and he bursts into the room, I suppose following the warriors scents.

He, like his men, stopped when he saw my gaze upon him.

-Xander's POV-

Angry is an understatement.

I'm furious.

They somehow damage the monitor and go to guard the girl in person to try and redeem themselves.

I enter the room and I instantly feel her gaze upon me. I order my men out with the mind link and she stares at me as my anger increases.

-Sorrows POV-

I hate him. That's all I can think. I can't figure out why I hate him so much. My emotions are normally dulled. I pinch my eyes closed in thought and the realization hits me. The bond.

He completed part one of the bond.

He erased the rejection that severed it.

I'm feeling His hate.

Opening my eyes, I look at him. He stares right back at me. Suddenly he walks forward and I feel fear. My emotions are too sharp. My eyes betray me and a tear makes its way down my face.

"Well, sleeping beauty decided to awaken. I guess you couldn't wait to have some more fun with me." He smirks.

Oh God No. My heart seizes in panic and I start to shake. He climbs on top of me and I separate myself from my body for the rest, willing my eyes not to see and my body not to feel. I hate him. Wracking sobs escape my throat as the pain begins and the humiliation is so much worse than it ever was with HIM.

This man was supposed to be the one to save me. I held on to that hope even after his fourteen year old self rejected my six year old self. I just couldn't let go of that knight in shining armor dream.

But here, for the second time, he was doing something so terribly heart wrenchingly painful to his mate.

And this is why, for the millionth time, the girl with the dark brown eyes and the broken soul, wished herself dead.

~Authors note~

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! I finally beat my writers block! I hope you like this chapter and I'm sooo sorry it took so long. I'll have the next chapter done as soon as I can! Don't forget to vote and comment!!!!!!!!!

-Ashlynn