06. There Are Many Things You Don't Know

The next morning, a cleanly cut Stephen walked around Kamar-Taj. He hadn't seen Genevieve yet and he wanted to show her his new look.

He walked to the library and saw Genevieve, sitting there with Wong. Both of them stood up to look at the oncoming figure. Genevieve saw his new look and was quite impressed. He did that all by himself.

"Stephen." Wong said.

"Wong." Stephen nodded and looked at Genevieve. He had hope in his eyes.

"I like the new look. I'm proud." She smiled.

Wong glanced between the two, "What do you want, Strange?"

"Books on astral projection." Wong looked at him, Genevieve also looking at Stephen shocked.

"You're not ready for that." Wong told him.

"Try me Beyoncé." Stephen taunted with a straight face. Genevieve fought the urge to laugh. Stephen got no reaction from Wong, "Oh come on, you've heard of her. She's a huge star right?" Still no reaction, "Do you ever laugh?" Still nothing, "Oh, just give me the book."

"No." Wong said.

Stephen left the library with no book, but Genevieve followed after him, "What is it that you want?"

"I just wanted to tell you that you need to take it easy. Yesterday you almost died." This made Stephen stop.

"Yes, but how am I supposed to learn if I'm restricted?" Stephen asked her.

Genevieve placed her hands on his shoulders, "Give it time. You're just getting the hang of it. Besides, astral projections is hard and you need to concentrate on your focus."

"So my focus needs more focus." He tried to joke.

Genevieve playfully rolled her eyes, "Now is not the time for games Stephen, I'm being serious. As your master, you need to listen to me. Please. Just this once."

Stephen stood there silently, looking into her deep brown eyes. She was so beautiful in his mind, "Fine. But only if you possibly let this," he said pointing between the two, "happen."

"I can't make promises on that right now. Focus on you not me." She told him.

He placed his forehead against hers, "Fine. You know what's funny?"

"What?" She asked.

"Just a few days ago you were pissed at me, and now we're doing stuff like this."

"Well just a few days ago you weren't letting someone else take control. Now you are." She trailed her fingers down his arms until her hands clasped his, "I like a man who lets others take control."

"Oh you sly dog. You think you're funny don't you?" Stephen taunted.

"Hilarious." She pulled away from him and shoved him, slapping his butt, "Now go and focus on the basics." Stephen looked back at her and she shooed him, "I'm being serious. Go!"

Little did she know that Stephen didn't listen to her about the astral projections things. Wong was in the library listening to Beyoncé. Stephen was making portals and taking books off the shelf. He even stole the book that was in front of Wong.

Through his readings, in which he was told not to do, Stephen learned how to read in his astral form. The Ancient One has found out about his little tricks and called him and Genevieve in.

"Once in this room, you begged me to let you learn. Now I'm told you question every lesson, preferring to teach yourself." The Ancient One said.

"Once in this room, you opened my eye. Now I'm being told to blindly accept rules that make no sense." Stephen countered.