Ch.6 -Iridescent-

Chapter 6

-Iridescent-

I pulled my blue dress to my body as I looked at myself in the mirror.

“Too much.” I muttered, tossing it aside.

Next, I tried my black mini skirt and green tank.

“Way too little.” I sighed.

Yesterday I asked Stevie on a date, and after her shock wore off, she said yes. Actually, she said yes, as long as she can plan everything. I nervously agreed.

“I have nothing to wear!” I complained. After a moment though, I laughed. How cliche can I be?

Stevie wouldn't tell me where we’re going so I really didn't know what would be appropriate. All she said was to dress comfortably and cute. With that in mind, I tried again.

Going through my dresser, I pulled out my high waisted jeans. Digging in my closet, I also found a simple yellow top that I’ve never worn. After adding some random jewelry and my flats, I looked in the mirror, brushing a strand of my naturally wavy hair behind my ear and nodded my approval.

“Perfect.”

With an anxious smile, I made my way downstairs to where Stevie was probably waiting for me. Every squeaky step seemed to add on to my anxiousness and I don't know how to shake it off. By the time I reached the last step, I was seriously considering running back into my room and never coming out.

“Hey Beautiful.” I heard Stevie’s voice as I almost reached the last step.

I met her gaze and all of my fears seemed to evaporate in the intensity. "Hey."

She looked at me from top to bottom with an enchanting smile. I took the opportunity to give her the once over as well. Stevie kept it simple with black jeans and a green top that had slashed openings across her chest. Her beautiful hair was pulled up with loose curls reaching her back. She looked amazing.

"So," She started. "Are you ready for our date?"

My cheeks heated up at the mention of our date, but I nodded. Walking to her car, again I felt the butterflies. It seems like butterflies is just a common symptom of Stevie's nearness.

Stevie drove her little silver car with the sounds of the radio filling the silence. It felt comfortable. I still had no clue where we were going but I have enough trust in Stevie to not worry.

“Okay, we’re here.” My date said, gliding into a spot at the local park.