Chapter 16 (Updated)

Start from the beginning

"And what about the people here?" Alicia questioned.

"They're her staff for the photoshoot."

"Photoshoot? What?" tried to stand from the chair but Jewel stopped her by resting her hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry about it." Jewel smiled reassuringly before calling for several people.

In an instant, four people approached them. They had started to work on her hair, makeup, and wardrobe matching. Alicia was uneasy at first but she knew better than to fight it. As the team worked on her she caught a few lines of chatter from the stylists.

"I heard she's Hermione Granger's daughter." The one pinning her hair said in a soft tone.

"It's such a shame of what happened to her."

"Stop it you two." The man wearing a clean suit clapped his hands stopping the gossiping mouths. "Mrs. Malfoy needs her ready in thirty minutes. We are already rushing and I don't want any more gossiping. She is right there."

After twenty minutes Astoria came in with Draco beside her. She immediately approached the man supervising the whole team.

"Nigel, how is she?" Astoria asked.

"She is doing well. She is quite beautiful. We had to add a little color on her cheeks and some definition on her face. Other than that I suggested something that would compliment her eyes."

"Well done."

"Thank you. She is indeed Hermione Granger's daughter. Anyone could see it." Draco froze when he heard Nigel reply to Astoria's compliment.

Hermione Granger. Granger. It still had an effect on him. Every time her name was mentioned he could feel a tug on his heart. He didn't want to admit that part of him still loved her. He is married to a wonderful woman but part of him still yearned for her. He didn't even get a chance to explain to her why he left, why he chose Astoria over her but after everything that happened and what he found out his doubt consumed him, and chose the easy way out.

One of the stylists approached them and told them that Alicia was ready for the photoshoot. Exactly thirty minutes. If they could finish this on time everyone could enjoy Christmas Eve.

"Escort her please." Astoria urged Nigel.

"Of course." Nigel bowed and joined the stylist surrounding Alicia.

"I do hate it when they bow." She leaned on Draco's chest.

Draco chuckled and softly kissed the top of her head. A sudden memory of Hermione enveloped his mind. He quickly shook off the memory and focused his attention on his wife. "You are their boss. You deserve it."

"Yes, I am their boss, not their mistress. They are my co-workers." She argued. "I have to do something about that before the new year comes."

"As you wish but if it's how they show you respect then why do you have to rob them of that? We wouldn't want to insult them."

"Draco, we aren't royalty. I would want the bowing to stay at a minimum." Draco knew what she meant. In the wizarding world, the purebloods were considered to be royalty but knowing Astoria she hated it. She let the elves and servants do it since it was how they were trained but she wanted her co-workers to treat her as an equal.

"I apologize."

"Mrs. Malfoy." Astoria turned around and saw Alicia dressed in a beautiful lavender High low Tulle with a halter neck bodice and tiny crystals adorning the piece. It was perfect for their first shoot. Nigel and his team did wonderfully. The dress was made for Alicia.

"My dear you look beautiful." Astoria gushes as she examines Alicia's appearance. "This shoot is going to be worth it. Nigel, get everything prepared and floo the main office."

*End of Flashback"

"How are you holding up?" A voice came from behind Alicia. Draco approached her with a look of concern. It's been hours since the shoot started and they were only halfway through.

"I'm fine, professor. I'm a little tired but it's nothing to worry about." Alicia answered and flopped on the couch.

"I apologize for the suddenness of this shoot. I assume you wanted a relaxing holiday."

"It may not be relaxing but it is fun, professor. Please don't worry." She smiled. "Although, heels do not agree with me." She huffed and took off the three-inch ankle strap heels she was wearing. She stood up and sighed in relief when the pressure on her feet was eased. She walked to the refreshment table and grabbed a bottle of water. Before she could tap a sip Draco stopped her and handed her a metal straw.

"You'll ruin your lipstick." He said.

Alicia only laughed. She was sure that her professor was used to this and was even at the receiving end of being his wife's model.

"Have I said something amusing?" He asked, trying to figure out what she found funny.

"Nothing, Professor." She tried to suppress her giggles but failed miserably.

Draco was about to speak when the doors opened and came in a confused Scorpius calling out for his mother. He was holding two ties and kept trying to match it with his classic grey suit.

"What is it, Darling?" Astoria approached her son and examined his dilemma.

"What goes with my suit?" He asked. Considering that Alicia was wearing a red lace dress with a white faux fur coat he looked slightly overdressed. Astoria opted for a crème turtle neck suit vest instead of white oxford and tie.

"There you go." Astoria smiled at her son and placed a kiss on his cheeks. She dragged the two teens in front of the camera and instructed them on how to pose. "Scorpius, sit on the chair and place your arms on the rests. Alicia, lean beside him and rest your arm on the backrest, please. Scorpius, look towards the camera and Alicia I want you to look to my right." A photographer positioned himself and took so many photos.

This went on for half an hour before an outfit change and another outfit change. They had finished before the sun was due to set. Alicia and Scorpius were dancing and goofing around amusing themselves. What they didn't know was, a photographer was recording their candid moment. Scorpius twirled her and laughed gleefully. Alicia was dancing barefoot with her dress flowing along with her. Scorpius was dressed down to a turtleneck, suit pants, and socks. It was an innocent moment for the two teens. Even the staff felt their weariness fade.

Astoria was watching them. She couldn't stop a smile from creeping on her face. She even took a few photos of them and a smiling Scorpius to put on her office table.

"The prints are ready," Nigel spoke handing her a thick envelope filled with photos she was going to approve for the cover of Witch Weekly.

"Thank you, Nigel." She smiled at her assistant. "That's a wrap everyone. Thank you for your hard work. I don't want to keep you from spending the holiday with your families. Happy Christmas." She announced and everyone in the room clapped their hands.

"Happy Christmas." Everyone greeted before leaving.

She turned to her two stars and gave them both a hug. "You've done beautifully. Go on and wash up. Dinner will be ready in an hour."

The teens nodded and retired to their bedrooms. Astoria on the other hand went to her desk and pulled out all binding from the brown envelope. As she flipped through the thick binding the quick quill was writing the number of each photo she was going to approve. When she reached the couple shots she stopped at the photo where Scorpius and Alicia were leaning on each side of a column. It was a closeup shot. She examined the photo closely. Alicia did look like Hermione but looking at that with Scorpius beside Alicia she couldn't deny that they almost looked alike. She flipped to another and she got the same feeling. With a wave of her wand, all the couple shots floated in the air. In each photo, they looked alike.

It was an uncanny resemblance. She had heard of doppelgangers from the muggles. Maybe it was by chance they had found a rare instance with her son and Hermione's daughter.

It's just a coincidence. She thought and continued on reciting the numbers of the photo she had chosen for the quill to record.