Part 7

Khushi rested her head on a pillow as her eyes remained fixed at the door. Her gaze shifted to the clock, which was showing 9 pm. And he was still not here. Hugging the other pillow close to her chest, she again shifted her gaze at the door. It has become a habit to see him daily, listen to him, hear him say how much he loves her, needs her. She doesn't know what to do with him, but seeing him daily, listening to his love daily gives her a reason to look forward to another new day. And now for the first time in the last 2 months, waiting for him was making her restless. Has he given up on her? – Her chest tightened painfully as that thought crossed her mind. She closed her eyes tight. Didn't she want this? She wanted him to stop coming here, to stop pursuing her, to move on, because she is too broken to walk along with him. Then why the thought of him never coming here again was hurting her? Why? Taking a painful breathe, she again opened her eyes to get fixed at the door again. But he had promised her to come and meet her daily. He had promised her that he will wait for her, will never give up on her. And he had kept his promise in the last two months. Then what happened today? With the restlessness slowly taking the shape of concern she looked at her phone resting on the side table.

Should she call him? And with that thought, a new realization pierced her--- She had never called him in the last two months. And now it felt new, as if she had never called him, as if she doesn't know how to approach him. She closed her eyes again as few tears escaped from her close eyelids. Why she is so confused? Why she can't think clearly? Why she finds herself so helpless when it comes to this man? Swallowing the painful lump, she opened her eyes to her eyes again land on her phone. Dragging herself in a sitting position, she took her phone. But before she can think on what to do further, her phone came alive, startling her.

"Hello .. " Khushi spoke.

"Khushi..."

A sweet voice greeted back , and she knew who it was.

"Di ..?"

Anjali smiled at the other side.

"Yes...How are you, Khushi?" Anjali asked.

"I...I.." Khushi stammered, not knowing how to talk. It's been so long she had talked with any of the member of Raizada family. "I..I am fine Di .." Khushi said.

"Khushi ... woh humne call kiya hai kyunki ... woh.... Chhote..."

"What happened to Arnav ji?" her heartbeat took a pace.

"There's nothing to worry, Khushi.." Anjali supplied immediately. "He is having fever, but now he is fine and sleeping..... I ... I thought to inform you , so that you won't worry over why he didn't come to meet you today..."

"Fever ... but .... " She stood off the bed, stammering. "I ...I had told him to not work, unko aadat nahi hai aise kaam karne ki ... But he never listens ... never ..." tears rolled down her cheek unchecked, making her sight blurry. "I.... need to see him ... I .."

"Khushi ... Khushi he is fine .... Do not worry .." Anjali said , but the line was already disconnected.