Chapter 1

I ran down the stairs and turned the corner, and right into Christine. Well, Christine is my older sister, no matter how much alike we look Christine is two years my senior, nineteen, but we both have the same raven black hair, small petite figure and our eyes are almost identical. Christine used to call me an alley cat because I have my right eye bright blue and the other hazel, the same hazel as Christine’s.

The house that Christine and I live in now is right next to a Calvary cemetery and is actually a mansion but I like to think I am normal sometimes and call it a house. The driveway is long and rocky and wooden steps lead to the gray front door, and the attic window looked down at us. No matter how messy and creepy it seems on the outside it is quite spooky and charming on the inside.

    Christine stumbled back and regains her balance.

“Amber, the moving truck is almost empty; I think you forgot your violin and harp.” She told me in a bored tone.

“No I brought it in just now. I want to walk around. Alone.”

“Okay, careful, I don't want any bad impressions about us so soon please.” She said as I walked past her. I got to the gray front door and pulled on the handle, it came open with a long loud creak. I walked out into the night, the new moon cast no shadow in front of me and it took only seconds for my eyes to adjust to new environment. I walked near the chain link fence and put my hand in one and tested its strength, it was strong enough for me to climb over but I'll have to get over quick. And quick it was, I was over in a matter of seconds, then I went for a run. I ran down to the edge of town and took a look around, the streets were narrow and the shops and restaurants were small. That is one pretty god sign of a small town.

    I walked down the sidewalk and avoided as many people and streetlights as possible, but I ran into a group of guys, about my age, and one caught my gaze and held it. He had umber hair and piercing gray eyes, I stopped in my tracks, and he kept walking with his group looking over his shoulder at me. I felt a chill go through me and all of a sudden I was light headed, my vision started to tunnel, drawing me into a premonition. I felt myself drop to my knees as my vision darkened and I fell to the side.

    I was hiding out in the trees as the sun went down. The sky was a romantic shade of purple, but I felt something slash into my back, and could only see the silhouette of the person who had done it. I felt the hot sticky blood run past my shorts onto my bare legs. I took quick, shaky breaths as the attacker came toward me, over the hill I heard my name called ‘Amber! Amber! Run, amber, run!’ I saw the gray-eyed boy’s head and...

    Just as it had came it had passed, and instantly my acute senses were alert that the gray-eyed boy had came running after me when I had my vision, and now he was cradling my head in his lap, his group of buddies around him. I jumped up and ran into the forest, taking only one look over my shoulder at the wide, gray-eyed guy before disappearing completely. I ran the whole way to the mansion, and ran into Christine again. She took a look into my eyes and asked what happen in her same old board tone. I told her about the vision Verb Confusion (consider revising) the gray-eyed boy in real life and in the vision. She told me that it wasn’t possible for a human to really care for a vampire our phoenix in my case and said that I could have been seeing from someone else's view.

“But the voice said my name!” I exclaimed.

“And how do you know that you weren't the one hunting? Maybe it was talking to the one who had thrown the ninja star?” She asked without a twinge of worry in her voice. “You used to be very accurate with the ninja stars. You know that.” She cocked her head to the side like a cat, and then walked off. I stomped my foot before moving from my spot, I huffed an angry sigh and stormed up the wide, blood red carpet stairs to look for a room.