EPILOGUE

"Baby, would you calm down, she'll get here eventually", Darrius watched as Ida paced frantically back and forth the window.

They'd just came back from their peaceful vacation from The Bahamas and less than a minute she was on the phone with her friend.

"I don't understand, she's never late, something must have happened, let me try her ce-", the door bell rang.
"She's here", Ida rushed to the door.

Ida practically threw herself in Bonnie's arms, he practically became invisible to the women.

He listened and watched as the I miss you's were shared between the women.

He signaled to one of the maid present, to assist him with getting their luggage from their bedroom upstairs.

Darrius recalled back at the day of her mother's funeral that he'd asked Ida to move to New York City with him, he'd insist to her that there wasn't anything left for her in Philly and he'd even have his private jet available to her disposal, whenever she'd want to visit the place or for her bestfriend to visit her, he told her what she needed was a fresh start, and he'd be alongside her every step of the way, reluctantly she did agree, and he was strict to his words.

"I can't believe it has been two months we've  spent apart", said Ida.

"Well your man has been spoiling you rotten, i mean,look at this place", Bonnie eyes were all around the foyer of the mansion.

Ida giggled, "I said the same thing on my first day here", she looked over at the clock.
"Let's catch up on the way, we don't want to be late", they were exiting, when Bonnie stopped on the outside, looking left to right, at the black shining limousine that was ready for them and the parked car she came in.

"Bonz, what's wrong?", Ida suspect.

"Babe, there's something you should know", Bonnie started.

"What?!, what's wrong", Ida went wide eyed.

But then the door of the car opened, the women both looked over at the direction.

Darrius was right on time, he stood at Ida's side at the stranger.

"While you were away, we've been seeing each other, and it had been really, really good, great in fact", Bonnie looked at Ida stilled expression.

Ida saw the glow on Bonnie's face.
"I'm sorry, I didn't tell you, I really wanted to, but I didn't know how", Bonnie explained.

Ida looked at her friend, then at Darrius who'd place his hands on her shoulders, even him was shocked at Bonnie's revelation.

Ida looked back at her friend, this time with a smile, "what can i say?, I'm stunned, but why would you think you'd have to keep this from me?".

"Because, he had a thing for you first", replied Bonnie.

Both Ida and Bonnie looked back at Doctor Sean Logan, "Bonz, I didn't even know he had anything for me, i thought he was just being a good person, nothing more,  but that shouldn't make you feel like you have to keep a secret from me, you're like my sister, and if he's the reason behind that remarkable glow on your face, then I'm happy that he's yours",
Ida wavedat Sean, who waved back.

Bonnie pulled her in for a hug, she couldn't asked for a better sister.

...................................................................

That night they'd spent thanksgiving at The Taylor's Residence, it was like the family both Ida and bonnie never thought they'd have.

They were all gathered around the ten seater adult dining table, while the children of  Darrius sisters were seated at the children's table.

Everyone was getting along so well, laughing and engaging in different conversations.

Evolette, her husband, two daughter's and son in laws, had graciously adored Ida from the time introductions were made.

They were all happy to see Darrius player game has come to an end.

"What's wrong?", Darrius asked.

Ida had tears in her eyes, "I'm just so happy", she said to him.

Darrius entwined their hands together, then kissed her fingers, "i wouldn't have it any other way" .