Chapter THIRTEEN

Ida was awaken by the buzzing of her cell. "Hello", she answered in a drowsy voice; looking over at her alarm clock.
It was two in the morning.

"Ida", she heard the familiar voice of the caller.

"Darrius", she reacted.

"Is it too soon for me to miss you", as they left his lips Darrius was was surprised that he even knew those words.

Ida didn't know whether he was asking or telling.

Then why don't you come back", she respond.

"I would've taken the next flight out, if I didn't have all these meetings that needs my attendance", he explained.

"Hmmm", Ida let out a breathe of air.

It was after eleven in the night when Darrius had just gotten off work. Knowing that the time zone would be different and that she'd be asleep at this time, didn't stop him from hearing wanting to hear her calm voice to soothe his hectic day.

Never in his years had Darrius imagined himself waiting to get a satisfaction from the other sex, especially since women would always launch themselves onto him.
  He never had to wait so long to get a fix, but for reasons he couldn't figure, he wanted to be patient with Ida, she was so unlike the women he had always been intimate with.
  Through his eyes, inside and out she was pure, he found himself wanting to know more, wanting so much more.

"Darrius", she fatiguely whispered.

"Yes?", she heard him through her weariness

"I'm gonna go back to bed", he did hear the tiredness in her voice but was annoyed that she wanted to go.

Through exhaustion Ida thought he understood, so she cut the call.

..............................................................

Handling difficult business partners was easy, hearing the whines of his mother about his incapability to settle down and give her grandchildren was easy, hell, maybe even losing millions of dollars every hour would of been easy too, he thought.

But nothing had ever made him more furious than what she did last night.

He felt rejected.
Thinking more about it, made him more aggravated.

Darrius already knew how his day was going to be and he haven't even left his mansion as yet.

The foul mood followed him to his office, not even bothering with the flirtatious and craving stares he gets daily, his assistant being no different.

There he sat behind his desk burying himself deep in all the paperwork piled in front of him.

He heard a throat cleared but he refused to acknowledge whom the presence belonged to.

"Mr Taylor",.

"What?!", he answered annoyed, without looking up.

"Sir, are you alright?", Liv concerned.

"Miss Benson, you should get back to work", thinking that she'll leave, he continued his own work.

It wasn't until he felt hands on either side of his shoulder that he knew she was still around.

"What, do you think you're doing?", he asked frankly.

"If you tell me to stop, I'll stop", she began to give him a deep shoulder massage.

It was what he needed, it felt so good that Darrius couldn't find the words to say anymore.

He let her take control over his tense muscles as he relaxed back into his chair.

Small moans escaped his lips.

A sudden text came through his cell, he picked up the device and opened the message.

............................................................

Ida sat on her lunch break awaiting a response.

Her eyes were glued to the cell that she didn't even hear her friend's approach.

"No reply?", she took the seat besides Ida at the picnic table.

"No", she was disappointed.
"Do you think he's mad at me?", she puzzled.

"Well, you did technically hang up the phone on the man", Bonnie stated.

Ida knew she was right.

....................................................................

That evening Ida was on her way home, she was taken aback when she saw a Black Forde parked at the entrance to her trailer.

Cold waves ran through her, she couldn't think of anything else to do but stand there when she saw the approaching guest exiting the vehicle in his dark blue tailored suit.

Darrius walked up to the woman with a angered expression.

He held her gaze with a cold stare.

"Do you have any idea, what my day has neen like after you hang up on me", he said to her.

Her heart raced, the tone he used was harsh but it turned her on, Ida was still shocked that he was here, she wanted to say something but the words didn't couldn't come out.

"For christ sake, say something", he pleaded.
  Darrius didn't know what to make of her actions, but all he knew was he couldn't go through this day being so angry with the world because of the way she made him feel, this day was made out so terribly, he couldn't focus, so he was on the next flight out.

"I'm sorry", she barely whispered.

Without waiting for her to say anything more, he attacked her luscious lips in a hunger he'd  never recognize.

Their tongues battled in a dual for dominance.

Ida let her bag fall to the ground as the kiss passionately awoken her.

He paused, " is that all you can say?", he frustratingly asked with his lips never leaving hers.

"What more do you want me to say", she raised. She seek his grey eyes.

"I'm promising to be patient with you, but it's hard when all i want is to fuck you so badly", he distressed.

"Then stop being patient", she reminisced on what he said.

Her gestures weren't helping hold his restraints but he had to try, very hard, he didn't want to rush her.

Darrius began sucking on her earlobe, doing the only thing he knew he could do to her, tease her.

Ida felt her nipples harden and her blood boiled.

Soft moans escaped her small mouth.

"Promise, you'll never hang up the phone on me again", he demanded.

Ida giggled at his request.

"I'm serious Ida, promise me!", he fumed.

"I promise", she snickered.