Chapter NINE

Darrius pulled Ida to him, without any other words he smashed his lips onto hers.

She wrapped her hands around his neck while he swathe his, behind her back.

The kiss was heated, captivating, passionate.
Darrius had never felt so alive, he made out with so many different women, but none of them had never had this effect on him.

He was alluded in.

Ida couldn't believe what was happening, her first kiss.

She was hot-blooded.
She followed the rhythm of his lips and the movement of his body.

Darrius broke the spell, he didn't want to, but he needed air.

They both stood there panting, trying as much to grasp enough air as they could.

"What are you doing tomorrow?", he asked.

"Working six to four" she answered.

"I'll pick you up at five", he said.

"Okay", she softly retort.

...................................................................

Ida was snuggled in her bed that night but she couldn't sleep.
How could she when all she wanted to do was think about what happened earlier.

She got up to make a hot cup of tea, to soothe her, since it had always help put her to sleep.

There was a loud banging on her door.

Ida quickly opened the door.

"I want a full report missy, and don't you dare leave anything out", Bonnie thrust past Ida.

Ida closed the door then turned to her friend who was already on the sofa with arms folded.
"Bonnie it's three in the morning, what are you doing here?".

"Uh-uhhh, you first, what happened?".

...................................................................

Darrius stride back and forth the bedroom of his penthouse suite.
He was unsettled, just thinking about her give him a hard on.
Five cold showers wasn't enough to calm his self-indulgent.

He was restless.

.................................................................

That morning Ida decided to go see her mother.

She sat beside the bed her mother was in, " hey mom, I miss you", Ida didn't know if she heard her but she always thought talking was a good idea.
"Mom, I don't want to lose you", with no control, tears rained from her eyes.
"I can't even imagine life without you, I've tried all I can but it's just not enough, the doctors here say I should start preparing", this time Ida laid on her mother and sobbed.
"You've always bin so kind, so strong, I don't think I could be as strong as you have", she cried.

Ten minutes Ida laid there, she must have dropped asleep because she felt something slowly moved, she thought she was imagining things.

Ida got up, it was her mother's hand, Ida rubbed her eyes.

"I-I-I-d-a",

"Mom", she watched as her mother slowly opened her eyes.
She thought it was too good to be true, but it was true.

"MOM", she shout.
She opened her arms wide enough to embrace her mother.

She felt like her weight was pressuring her so she eased up.

The woman tried to raised her hand to Ida's face,her hand trembled, it was no doubt that she has lost a lot of strength, she was weak.

Ida took her mother's hand into hers, "she spoke softly, "please relax, save your strength".

"I-I-I L-Lo", the woman was fighting to say something.

"Mom, please, save your strength", she saw the monitor her mother was hooked to began beating rapidly.

The doctors rushed in, Ida got up, she was scared.

Doctor Logan came in, "Ida what happened".

Ida saw what was going on but she was in panic mode that she couldn't hear a thing.

She ran out, Doctor Logan called after her but she just kept running.

.....................................................................

She must have completely forgotten about everything and how she even got outside of the hospital.

And who's arms she ran into.

"Ida, Ida can you hear me, Ida?!", she heard the voice say.
She knew the voice. She slowly came to grips.

"How did you know I was here", she asked looking into his eyes.

"I went at the diner, your friend, Bonnie is it, told me you didn't show up and places I could find you", he explained.

"Are you alright?", he asked.

They were both standing in the middle of the road in front of the hospital.

Ida began crying in his arms.

Darrius comforted her, he had never seen a woman in an emotional state than he'd seen Ida.

Maybe that was one of his reasons that he decided to come on this trip, he'd witnessed, his assistant insults on her and his security throwing her out in the street, he felt pity for her,then finding the photo she dropped was like the cherry on top.
For days he tried to get it out of his head, but it just wasn't happening, he would be stuck in the middle of his work trying to put pieces of a situation that wasn't even any of his business together, Darrius had felt a connection with her, the first time he laid eyes on her, which was so unusual for him, since he'd always taken out top class models.
But somehow even if the woman before him was the complete opposite, she'd captured his attention.

"Let's get you out of here", it was his only solution.