Chapter ELEVEN

"What the fuck!", Liv alarmed.
She was staring at the photos of her boss and sister plastering the entire front page of the New York Times.

"Twice in a row", she murmured to herself.

She read on the details that follows.

Angrily Looking at the way he was holding her, she screamed.

Liv ripped off the page aggressively storming into the kitchen.

She held one end of the paper and lit the other end with a click of the lighter.

With hatred in her eyes she watched as the page burned to ashes.

"He would never choose you over me you bitch", she had a twitch of dangerous despise in her eyes.

....................................................................

Darrius incoherently looked on at Ida idling with her meal.

"What's on your mind?" He enquired.

"You can have any woman in this world, why me?", Ida figured she had to ask, it was the centre of her thoughts.

She Kept her eyes on Darrius as he stood.
He stretched out his hand towards her.

Ida didn't know what he was up to but she accepted.

He led her to the short hallway to the living area.

Although Ida couldn't see through the darkness of the room, she cleverly imagine that it was praiseworthy.

She followed him in, pausing as he stopped in front of the most staggering scenery.

Ida observe the spectacular view of Philadelphia she'd never seen behind glass.

Overlooking the busy streetlit streets was like being in a tower.
Suddenly a shower of rain began to pour.

"Just because the view is beautiful from where we stand doesn't mean it's beautiful once outside", Darrius endorsed.

She looked at him with a puzzled look.

"What does that have to do with me", she softly asked.

"That you should never judge a book by the cover", he proclaimed.

Under the moonlight he found her soft lips, the kiss was rich with yearning, with no control he felt the need to make her lips his dominion

Ida slowly brought her arms around his thick neck, he began sucking on her ears then covered her shoulders with erotic pecks. In the heat of the moment she felt as if her blood was going to explode.

His hands travelled down to her ass.

Ida didn't know what to do or make of all that was happening.

She stood there allowing it all, she knew it what was happening but she was too stunned it was.

She felt her underwear slipped to one side under the skirt she was wearing.
It was when she felt his cold finger beneath her special place that she gasp.

Ida stepped back with weak knees that she had to balanced herself.

"I'm sorry", she softly apologized.

He took a step forward then Ida took another step back, with brows furrowed Darrius eyed her in a quizzical way, "what's wrong, have I over stepped my-".

She cut him off to stop him from blaming himself, "no, no, please it's not you, i- it's just that I",

"Don't you want me?", he halt.

"What!", she exclaimed. "Yes, I mean no, I mean", she was to busy fumbling for words that she didn't even realized that she was back in his arms.

Darrius was back to serenading her with his lustfu kisses, never had he craved so much for a woman not even when they were lying naked beneath him.

"I'm a virgin", she revealed in a scorching breath.

"What?!",

Ida bowed her head, too embarrassed to repeat herself.

Darrius sensed her apparent posture, he placed one hand on her shoulder and the other raise her chin to meet his eyes.

"Are you serious", he had thought he heard wrong but knew he heard right.

Turning her face towards the opposite direction, she shyly nod.

Almost twenty nine, Ida was ready to hear the mockery from him.

It took her by surprise when she heard,"where have you bin?",

Deciding to meet his greys she replied, "waiting".

................... .........................................

That morning Ida woke with a sense of warmth but it quickly disappeared when she found the other side of the supple bed empty.

The retention of last night flashback in her mind as she began descending off the humongous bed.

Although she had told him more about her upbringing and her decision to wait for the right man to come along, he had show her no sign of remorse or rejection, in fact he was understanding and gentle.

He told her he would not rush, he wanted to take his time, she recollected the words that left his lips, "I'll be patient".

Now in nothing but her underwear and an oversized shirt she departed the room.

She found him in the large updated marvelled kitchen, themed black.

She took a seat on one of the bar stool at the antique island counter.

Darrius felt a sudden presence,"sleep well?", he turned with a small smile holding a jug of black coffee.

"Yes", she admitted.

He looked up at her with another smile, "coffee?".