Chapter 12- My Arms

[No POV]

      Laura almost laid next to Carmilla's bathroom toilet for a solid 2 hours. At one point Carmilla's mother came in and just stepped over Laura to take on the books left in there.

        "How are you feeling nerd?" Carmilla questioned smirking down at the tiny human.

      A groan came out and nothing else.

   "I'll take that as a no. Well the wonder ginger triplets have been blowing up your phone." Carmilla said sliding the phone over to Laura.

      When she checked the phone Perry and LaFontaine had texted worried where she was, Danny though had sent a photo.

    The photo was of Carmilla and Laura from last night making out in the cold.

    Under it read
        Danny: So guess there was never a chance for me...

     One text though came from a person she never wanted to see in her messages again. Betty.

    The same photo sent but a different text compared to Danny.

        Betty: Who's the hottie? 👄 XXX
  (that was cringey enough to write)

        Laura felt sick. Very sick. Dropping her phone face down she threw up into the toilet.

   Hours of dry heaving thinking the sickness would come finally did. Alcohol from last night coming back up her throat and tears falling from her eyes.

       Carmilla didn't even hesitate to grab the tiny girls hair and rubbed her back.

    For a couple minutes that went on until Carmilla used her free hand to put Laura's phone up. Her gaze seeing what Laura was previously looking at.

      Her face turning to confusion, now remembering how one of the ginger twins mentioned Laura's ex, Betty.

     "Laura?" Carmilla asked setting up the phone and seeing if she'd get a response.

    "Yeah?" She finally said after a few moments. Laura seemed to not be able to throw up anymore.

     "Who's Betty?" Carmilla questioned and saw Laura's grip tighten.

    Her body going rigid and Carmilla could see the physical discomfort of just this ex's name.

     "Someone I used to date." Laura stated like it was one of the biggest regrets in her life.

   "I know that part." Carmilla started handing Laura some mouthwash with a grin.

   "I mean, if you're okay with it. What happened between you two? The sciency ginger twin made it sound like she was terrible." Carmilla brought up.

     Laura using the mouthwash spit it into the toilet and flushed right away. A sigh leaving her mouth.

      "Yeah, I could see why people say that now. I couldn't then." Laura said as she looked to see Carmilla's undivided attention.

[Laura POV]

     {WARNING YA'LL, BETTY IS A HOE ASS BITCH IN THIS STORY AND I FORGOT TO MENTION THIS. BETTY IS AN ABUSIVE ASSHOLE BECAUSE I NEED SOME KIND OF CONFLICT OR SOMETHING. I FIND NOTHING ROMANTIC OR WONDERFUL ABOUT ABUSE AND IT IS A HORRIBLE THING AND I WOULD MURDER SOMEONE IF THEY WERE ABUSING SOMEBODY}

       I trusted Carmilla. I also had trusted Betty. I felt deep down Carmilla though was different.

     "If you want, have LaFontaine tell you. I know they remember it better than I do." I say, that's because I tried to push out every memory of it. Every fight. Every trip to the hospital and worried friend that yelled over it.

      "Are you sure?" Her gaze turned to concern. She seemed to show actual genuine emotion in the expression.

     "Yeah. Right now though, I just really want to not feel exactly like the living dead." I say with a laugh to change the mood.

     "Yeah.." Carmilla's voice was small and still the same concerned look but she's smart enough to know I'm okay. Just uneasy so her small smile turned to a more open friendly-ish one. As friendly as a broody neighbor can get.

       [Carmilla POV]

   I remember seeing how much discomfort was in Laura's body at the mention of this Betty. The same Betty who friend requested me last night.

      I want to know what she did to Laura. My Laura. Danny is out of this. It seems my new issue is with one of Laura's exes.

      I helped her over to her house awhile ago and now sat in my bed looking through the many files in my mother's filing cabinet.

      "Carmilla, what on mortal Earth are you doing?" My mother questioned walking in. Pristine as usual.

    "Where's the mortal child? Hollis." She questioned.

     "At home. I'm looking for somebody in your files. Seeing if they've possibly applied to Silas University." I answer back, flipping through more files.

     "Well what's their name?" My mother asked.

   "Betty." I answer back.

        "Betty what?" My mother asked in an annoyed tone. Oh yeah, I probably should have paid attention to her last name.

    "Spielsdorf." I answer.

     "What the fuck kind of last name is that?" My mother questioned now.

    "Mother." I say surprised at her foul language. It's odd coming from her.

      "I swear, the older I seem to get the more weirder everything gets. Next thing you know I'll be completing world domination." She ranted to herself going through folders until throwing a brown one at me.

      "Found the weirdo." She said with a sneer.

   "Why do you want to see her file?" She asked me now.

      "She's Laura's ex-" I stated but got cut off.

   "You're stalking her past?" She questioned as if I was being pathetic.

     "Yes and no." I say with a mumble.

  "Apparently this Betty girl did something terrible when dating Laura or something. Laura hasn't told me herself but I want to find out more before I found out from her friend." I answer skimming through her biography.

       She has a mugshot though and had charges of assault at one point. Charges were dropped though almost immediately.

      As I looked through I found her mugshot and it was odd. It wasn't an average mugshot for a teenager. Instead of the common tears stains and ugly frowns, Betty's held perfect kept makeup and a wicked smirk.

      "Mother. What would you say this face of a bitch would explain from this mugshot?" I asked. I already had an idea but wanted my own Mother's confirmation.

    "A bitch who did something but knows she'll have no consequences." She stated bored at the photo.

       A smirk spreading to my face at being right. Then it fell, those assault charges.