Photo Album

It was the end of the day at Hawkins High School. It was the last day before Christmas Break. Jonathan Byers left the school, walking to his car. He always gave Nancy Wheeler a ride home. Jonathan sat by his car, watching people leave to their cars or start walking home. Then, he heard a loud noise behind him. He spun around to see Billy Hargrove driving his blue camero. Jonathan knew Steve and Billy got in a fight the year before. But now, it seemed Billys hate had gone to Jonathan, for he was connected to the kids. Billy rolled down his window. "Whatchya waiting for, Byers?" He yelled out. Jonathan didn't respond. Billy instead smiled. "I heard a lot about your family. Your Dads a Bastard, your Moms a Psycho, and your Brothers a Zombie." Jonathan had enough. He was about to walk forward, when he felt a hand on his shoulder. "Not here, Jonathan. Not now." Nancy was calmly holding him back. Jonathan let it go, and walked back to his car.

Billy eyed Nancy. "Good luck with that creep." He said to her. Nancy flipped him off as he drove away. Nancy got into Jonathans car. "What's that guys problem, anyways?" She asked. Jonathan shrugged. "He didn't like Steve. You were his girlfriend. And I'm Wills brother, who's Max's friend.  I think he hates both of us." He said. Jonathan started his car, and drove forward. Nancy looked at Jonathan. "Hey." She said. "If that asshole tries to hurt any of us, promise we'll be there to save eachother?" Nancy asked. Jonathan grinned. "I promise." He said.

As Jonathan and Nancy drove on a road through the woods, close to the Byers house, Jonathan started a conversation. "So, uh, has Mike told you anything about Eleven?" He asked. Nancy nodded. "Oh, yeah. She's staying at Hoppers cabin, and needs a year to stay away from the public so it isn't so... Suspicious." Jonathan nodded.

As Jonathan dropped Nancy off at her house, Nancy said, goodbye, entered her house, said hi to her mother Karen, and went to her room. Mike told her that Eleven had sneaken into there sometimes when she stayed at their house. Nancy wondered if anything in her room caught El's eye. Nancy looked under her bed, and pulled out a photo album. She opened it, and first saw a picuture of when she was much younger with her family. Mike was little, and Holly was just a baby, being cradeled in Karens arms. Nancy kept flipping through. A few photos of her and her friend Barbara Holland kept popping up. She always felt a lump in her throat if she ever saw those photos. She went to the next page, and there was a photo of Mike, looking embarassed in his Ghostbusters halloween costume. Nancy loved that photo so much, so she kept it. It always made her smile. She then came to a photo of Mike, Eleven, and the rest of the kids in a group hug, after all they had been through that night. Jonathan took it in secret, and gave a copy to her.

She finally came to a photo in 1985. It was her and Jonathan at their Junior prom. She was happy she and Jonathan didn't have to keep their relationship hidden for so long. She was thankful Karen and Mike weren't against it, for they were close to the Byers. She kept flipping through, and saw a picture of the High School, which she had once taken when she was bored. Then she came across a photo of her and Steve at his graduation. She usually forgot he was a year and grade above her, and it was sad to see him leaving.  Nancy then came across a picutre of Mike and El, on one of the days Mike would visit her. And whenever Nancy visited the cabin, El looked up to Nancy, like she was an older sister.

Nancy kept thinking that she was now a senior in High School. She would be leaving for College before she knew it. She knew what she would be studying. Theatre. Nancy loved writing. And she would have loved to see her stories visually, on stage.

Suddenly, she heard a rock being thrown at her window. Nancy looked to her window. Another pebble was thrown at it.  Nancy walked forward. She saw in her front yard was a person in a coat. But when the person looked up, Nancy couldn't believe her eyes. There was no way...

"Barb?" Nancy said. Bsrb was out in her front yard, looking up right at her. Then, Barb started walking away. Nancy ran downstairs, and outside. Barb was suddenly gone. Nancy looked around. "Barb!" She yelled. Nancy couldn't be imagining things. She definatly saw Barb right outside her window. Then, Karen ran outside. "Nancy! What's wrong?" She asked. Nancy began to stutter. Then, she became emotional, and hugged Karen. Karen understood how hard it must have been for Nancy to have her friend Barb suddenly die. So Karen held Nancy close.

Behind a tree, spying on Nancy and Karen, were Adrienne and Kali. Adrienne was smiling. "Well done, sister." She said. "What was the point of this?" Kali asked. "The point was to scare Nancy Wheeler of course." She said. "It was a test. Now, if we try this on anyone else with powers like us, we will force them to join us, or make them see the thing they fear the most, possibly even go insane." Adrienne explained. Kali nodded. "What's our next plan?" Kali asked. "The next plan is to break Jim Hopper, from the inside. Far worse than what you did to Nancy." Adrienne said. Kali grinned.