The Demobat

It was afternoon at Hawkins. Lucas was taking a walk at the railroad tracks. He rolled up a few snowballs, throwing them at trees. He was thinking about how much has changed over the years. How El and Max joined the town, how the Demogorgon tried to kill him, and how Will was posessed by the Shadow Monster.

As Lucas was walking, he thought he heard a noise. He stopped in his tracks. He looked around. He heard the noise again. It sounded almost like growling. He looked to where the noise was. It was right into the woods. He was about to keep walking on, when he heard another growl. Lucas looked into the woods again. He slowly walked into it.

Lucas looked around carefully. He thought it might have been Max trying to scare him.  He turned around. There was a hole in a hill, covered by leaves. Lucas walked to the hole, shaking the leaves away. It seemed like a bear cave. But there was no bear inside. But the unusual thing about this hole, it seemd to be going on for a while. Lucas stepped in, and immediatly felt a chil. He tried to ignore it, and walked on. Darkness surrounded him. Then, there was a path to go right. He went on that path.

He walked forward for a while, when he realised the walls and ceiling were becoming larger and larger. As he walked forward, he couldn't believe his eyes. It was a room. There were boxes everywhere, and Lucas thought he saw rocks on the ground. He walked forward. He felt the rocks.

Then, something in the middle of the room caught his eye. It was a stone stool, with something small on top. He walked forward, stepping on some more rocks. He picked on the small object on the stool. It felt to be made out of wood. He wished he had a source of light, to see what exactly it was. Then, he remembered. He had a lighter. He took it out, and lit it up. It seemed to be a ring box. Lucas opened it up, and just as he expected, there was a ring. It was black, with a red jewel on the top. He picked up the ring. He put it on. He thought it looked cool. Then, he noticed the red jewel was glowing. He was confused. But at that moment, he heard noises above him. It sounded like... Moving. Lucas looked above him, shining the lighter.

He wished he hadn't. Right above him, climbing on the ceiling, resembled the Demogorgon. But something was different about it. It's arms looked more wide, as if they were... Wings. Lucas froze in fear, the Demogorgon looking down. Could the Demogorgon see? Suddenly, it's face split open, baring it's fangs, screeching at Lucas.

Lucas screamed. He ran forward, but tripped on the rocks. But with his lighter still shining, he saw these were not rocks. They were bones. Animal, maybe even human. Suddenly, he felt something grab his arms, and he saw his feet were now in the air. He needed to get out. He tried to shake out of his coat. Luckily, he slipped out. He grabbed his lighter, and ran forward, out of the room, back through the path. As he ran, he heard flaps of wings behind him, and the Demogorgon wailing. Lucas kept making turns, noticing the ceiling and walls were getting smaller. He took a left, and saw light outside. He ran as fast as he could, and dove out, ducking inches from the Demogorgon grabbing him.

Lucas looked up. The Demogorgon was flying through the air. This was no Demogorgon Lucas had saw. Last year, the Demogorgons on four legs were called Demodogs. Lucas almost called this one a Demobird, but it had no feathers. Demobat was the final choice. Lucas looked at his hands. The ring was gone. It must have slipped off when he was running.

Lucas slowly walked forward, back to the railroad tracks. He broke into a run. He could not believe what he just saw. A monster from the Upside Down was back. And it could fly. But how? Lucas remembered hearing El had closed the gate. No Demogorgon or anything else could make its way through. Unless someone else opened it back up. But the real question was who, or what? Lucas knew he had to meet up with his friends. He needed to tell them the gate somehow opened back up, and something escaped from it.