Chapter 37

Diana's POV

Things had seemed to calm down regarding Achilles that is. I had no idea where he was nor did I want to know. At that point all I wanted to focus on was keeping my son and the young princess safe. That was my mission and I would not fail them.

Just after they fell asleep did I decide to leave the room, the guards were placed inside and outside the doors so I wouldn't have to worry as much. That was a relief, knowing that I would hear the alarms go off if something did happen but that the four best of New Troy's warriors were guarding the children helped.

Walking down the hall to my room I try not to pay attention to the others that are out at night. Usually the palace was calm and silent but recently I had noticed quite a few more visitors, most of which were women of title.

"My king! You cannot delay any longer, your daughter can not accept the crown when you die and Paris is less than worry. Take a wife and provide your kingdom with an heir!" the same old council member dared to argue with Hector.

I wasn't in the same area as them but I stood behind a wall making sure I wouldn't be seen either. For some reason I wanted to hear what both of the men would have to say about this subject.

"You have the nerve of inviting other women here against my wishes! You are lucky I don't have you killed!" Hector answered in a rough and angry voice.

"You can not keep protecting that whore and her child-" the advisor started but Hector cut in.

"That same woman, not whore, woman was the one that rescued the princess and her own child not to mention took Achilles down single handed. I would say she is a better human that you could ever be." Hector defend me and I couldn't help but let out a small gasp which I covered with my hand.

"I care not for her that is true but if you wish to be with her then bed her already! If she has no purpose that has arisen soon then believe me I will find a way to get rid of her and place one of these women in your bed." The advisor or councilor whichever his title was said as he left the hall.

The old ass didn't even notice me in the shadows as he left. Instead I just observed him shaking his head and repeating something in a language I didn't understand. This wouldn't work, I couldn't allow someone, no matter how old they were, be horrible to Hector after he had done so much for me. Pushing off the wall I decided to walk up to Hector who looked as though he hadn't slept in a week.

"Diana?" Hector asked no doubt wondering if I had just heard the conversation that he just had with that old man. "You heard didn't you?"

Nodding my head I walk to stand right before him.

"You need an heir...that's why all these women are here. They have come to win your heart." I tell him sadly as I can't bear to imagine him with any of them.

"They cannot have what I no longer have control of." Hector comments as he brushes a piece of my hair from my face. "You have nothing to fear."

"Hector... I'll help you with an heir because I know that what the old man says is true but it's not just because of that...I do love you Hector and I'm sorry I couldn't have just followed my true path before, I should have followed you-" I started but Hector grabbed my head and kissed me.

"I've never given up on you Diana, though we have traveled different paths somehow we wound up on the same path again. I thank the gods every day that they brought you back to me." Hector held me tightly.

"I mean what I say Hector, if you must have another heir provide for you then I think I prefer it be by me." I spoke softly and calm to him.

After all this time, I was being honest not only with myself but with Hector as well. Hector took a moment as he looked me over trying to see if what I said was sincere. After that moment was up he held me tightly again.