"Who's Damon Salvatore?"

Alaric: Who is Damon Salvatore?

Elena: He was my boyfriend, I loved him and he died.

Elena & Damon first met

Alaric: And when did you first meet him?

Elena: I was in high school.

(Flashback to when they first met:

Damon: Katherine.

Elena: No, I'm Elena.

Damon: I'm Damon.)

Alaric: And what was he like?

Elena: There was something different about him, dangerous. But not in a way that scared me. He was exciting.

(Flashback to when they first met:

Elena, in the road: I don't know what I want.

Damon: Well, that's not true. You want what everybody wants.

Delena first kiss

IN ELENA'S DORM:

(Alaric and Elena are still sitting across from each other in chairs, Elena's eyes are shut.)

Alaric: Tell me about this moment.

(Flashback to 3x10 when Damon kissed Elena on her porch:

Damon: No, you know what? If I'm going to feel guilty about something, I'm going to feel guilty about this.

He kisses her.

Elena (Voiceover): He kissed me. I mean, I shouldn't have let him. I knew that he was in love with me, and even though Stefan and I were on the outs, I shouldn't have let him.

Delena first dance at Miss Mystic Falls

IN ELENA'S DORM:

(Elena is standing by the window, staring out.)

Elena: It was the Miss Mystic Falls pageant. Stefan was supposed to be my escort but...

(Flashback, 1x19, the pageant. Elena in her blue dress, walking down the steps.

Elena (voiceover) : He bailed on me.

Damon is waiting at the end of the stairs for her.

Elena (Voiceover): Damon stepped in. )

(She's smiling as she stares out the window.): He saved me from being embarrassed, in front of everyone.

(Flashback, Damon is holding Elena's hand as he is walking her toward the other contestants.

Elena (Voiceover): He took my arm, and led me out with the rest of the girls and all their dates and we danced. I remember that was the first time, I felt it.

Alaric, behind her, walks up: Felt what?

Elena turns to him: How sexy he was. I'd never let myself notice until then, I mean obviously I knew he was attractive but...I didn't want to see him that way.