Chapter Thirty-One: Search Party

We looked everywhere but we couldn't find the boys. No longer was Mary the only one panicking, I was starting to panic too. "Toby! Marty!" I sang as we walked around the herd's territory that surrounded the houses. We hadn't gone towards the woods yet. "Come on, Boys! Where are you?" I spotted two guys walking and talking, and walked over to them. They spotted me and looked me up and down - a smirk on their faces - devouring my body with their eyes. I stood in front of them, they still looked me up and down. I rolled my eyes, put two fingers in my mouth and made a short, sharp whistle, grabbing their attention quickly. They finally looked at my face. "Eyes up here, boys. Eyes up here." I said, waving my hands in front of my face. They looked away and I smirked. "Now, have you seen Mary's brothers?"

"You smell like a wolf. Why are you on our herd's territory?" One of them asked, a large, dark haired man. He glared at me, angry, but still let his eyes sweep over my body again, hanging on my chest a little too long for my liking.

"One, you can stop perving on my sister, she has a mate and even if she didn't, I'd hate to see what would happen to the pair of you. Two, she's here because she's visiting me and our parents. Three, I believe she asked you a question. Now answer it. Have you seen Mary's brothers?" Cal asked.

"No, we haven't." The guy said, not daring to glance my way again, even for a second. I smirked again.

"Keep an eye out. Now get going." They nodded and hurried away, their gazes glued to the floor.

"Thanks." I said. He just nodded. I spotted Sam, Leo and Sebastian walking out of the main house, making their way over.

Mary jogged over, crying. "I still can't find them." She choked out and I instinctively gave her a hug, rubbing her back.

"Do you have something of theirs?" I asked. She nodded and jogged away, returning with a shirt.

"What are you planning?" Cal asked me just as the other three boys joined us. She handed me the shirt and I dropped it on the ground.

"Its time to let out my inner blood hound." I said, shifting into my wolf form. My coat was grey, despite my other forms being black. I loved this form as much as my horse one. It brought me closer to Sam. I watched Mary. I could sense her pain and worry. I had to find these boys, for her. I concentrated and sniffed the shirt, until the scent was locked in my brain. I nodded and started sniffing the air to get a direction.

But everything just because hazy.

A little boy backed up against a tree as a wolf stalked towards him, with saliva dripping off its canine teeth. The boy cried and looked around, searching for something he could protect himself with. He was young, so young. And petrified. The wolf let out a howl and the boy cried even harder. A younger boy came into view; he was crying also, calling a name. The wolf circled the older boy and minutes later, more wolves appeared and attacked.

I stood up and looked about frantically, my sides heaving. "Cj? Cj, are you okay? You blacked out or something." Sam said, worried. A howl echoed on the air and my eyes widened. I jumped into a sprint, heading in the direction it came from. "Cj!" I didn't stop. I bounded through the woods, catching onto the scent of one of Mary's brothers. It made me push myself faster. If what I saw was a vision, a premonition...

I only had a limited amount of time.

Sam

She just ran off. I didn't know whether I was shocked or angry that she didn't wait, but I definitely wasn't happy. "Dude, calm down. There must have been a good reason she ran off." Leo said.

"Don't tell me to calm down." I growled, moody.

"There are times when I don't understand how she can put up with you. Sorry man, but I'm serious." He said and I growled.