Chapter 7

We stopped at the bottom of the steps. I was behind Mikey and Mouth. All of a sudden there was a loud noise that sounded like it came from a bear. I yelped in suprise with my friends. 

"Chunk, I hope that was your stomach." I heard Steph say from behind. All I could do was nod in agreement. I was afraid that if I opened my mouth a very embarrassing noise would come out. So instead I just stood there with my mouth clamped shut and eyes wide.

"No," Mikey said, moving forward. I tried pulling him back. "That's the 'It'." 

Then Chunk moved up besides Mikey. "Sounds like Kong." I nodded again in agreement.

I took a couple cautious steps forward, "Sounds dangerous." I managed to say. The noise pounded off the walls again.

"Part of it's human." Mikey said.

I looked down the stone hall. "What's the other part?" My question hung in the air. Mikey started slowly walking forward. Chunk turned back around and bolted to our friends.

I stood in place as Mikey said, "Come on. Want to see it?" I turned around to see my friends shaking their heads frantically. "Don't worry. It's chained to the wall." 

No wonder it was making that sound, I thought. I'd be making that sound if I was chained to the wall. 

I walked beside Mikey as he lead us to the 'It'. I heard another sound, but this time it sounded more like a grunt than a cry in anger. It made the sound a couple more times as we walked to it. I could feel several hands holding onto me from behind. Chunks hand wrapped around me as he held onto Mikey's jacket, enclosing me in a kind of human cage.

Chunk made a whimpering noise. Mikey shushed him, slapping his hand away.

When we reached the door, I was just barely tall enough to look through the little window. I couldn't really make anything out.

"I don't wanna go, Mikey. I don't wanna go." Mouth said from beside me. 

Mikey said, "Why not? It's chained to the wall." From my other side.

Mouth couldn't seem to think right because he said, "Why not? It's chained to the wall."

I looked at him, "You okay." He just brushed over me.

"Come on. You wanted to go." Mikey said opening the door.

Mouth could only agree, "Yeah, I wanted to go."

"So let's go."

Mikey slammed the door against my toe. ​​​​​"Oww, damn it, Mikey. You're insane!" I seethed.

"Shut up." 

I inched forward with my fellow goonies. I looked around the corner. My heart skipped a beat and my jaw dropped open. What I saw was both disgusting and depressing. 

There was a very big man, big enough to be a football star, sat on a chair. His head was oddly disformed in the shape of a triangle and there were chains all over him. His arms. His legs. 

He raised his arms to the ceiling and let out another heart wrenching cry. I screamed too and started to run back from the way I came, my friends following my lead. I was pushed into a door, which opened up allowing me to fall to the ground.

Chunk, Mouth, Data, and Mikey all piled up on top of me. "Oh, my gosh, I can't breath!" I managed to croak.

Mouth and Mikey both rolled off, but Chunk and Data both stayed. I was about to yell at them when I saw Brand and Andy laying on a bench. It looked like they were about to kiss. I smirked, forgetting all about the crushing weight on top of me.