Her eyes were fixed upon his for long enough to be uncomfortable. She was too old to jump up with excitement, but her hands reached out and rested on Milokan's shoulders rather quickly.

"I'm in awe! God, thank you for this wonderful surprise!" She grinned with happiness and pulled him into a very tight but meaningful embrace. "Milokan, it is such a pleasure to meet you!" He felt her hands brush against his wings. It tickled him, but for the sake of keeper her happy, he allowed her to continue.

"I cannot stay long," He murmured into her shoulder. "But I do have one question I am confident you can answer."

She pulled back, and there was more sparkle in her eyes than before. They were watery from feeling overwhelmed.

"Ask anything, my dear boy, please."

"Well," Asking such a question felt a little odd in such a sacred building, "Where is the entrance to hell?"

* * * * *

"I'm not killing him." Kaiden paced the little hut with clenched fists.

"Of course you're not," Meloras sighed. "You have to be with him. This is your chance to leave, have a better life with someone you love-"

"I don't love him," Kaiden snapped and ran a hand through his hair, exposing the scar, running through his eye. "He's an angel. How could I ever love someone like that."

His mother hushed him, he had to lower his voice.

"Don't speak that way. It is us who are looked down upon and rightfully so. You have no idea how lucky you are."

"Is that a joke?" Kaiden snorted. "Because it wasn't funny."

"Look, son," She walked over and grabbed his hand. "The only reason you came back is me, and you are scared. Finding your soulmate was the last thing you imagined would happen on that mission. I'm happy you did, but now that you have returned, you are in so much danger."

"You don't think I know that? It hurts, right here," He pointed at his heart. "I know this bond will kill me, but I'd rather stay with you and die than die running back to an angel."

Meloras shook her head.

"I don't believe a word you just said. I don't think you do either." A moment of silence fell between them, both challenging each other with intense stares. "The only thing that is stopping you is me."

"Then come with me."

"I want to be free, you know I do. It's just-"

"You're scared too."

"I am, and I'm not afraid to admit it. Lucifer will forever hunt me down if I make it to earth," She closed her eyes and pictured the fresh wind blowing through her hair and the many different and exciting smells, colours and beings. "I would choose earth over hell any day, I suggest you do the same."

"I would choose a mother over an angel I barely even know any day. Mum, let me help you, please. Come with me."

She bit her lip and stared hard at the wooden floor, losing herself in her thoughts.

"If I come with you, will you promise to learn how to love? Will you treat your soulmate with respect and invest all of your time and effort into him? Will you say things to make him smile and be there for him, every minute of every day?"

Kaiden avoided her eyes, and she hated it when he did that.

"If you come with me, then yes, I promise to do all of those things." His heart was beating fast. Deep down, he knew all of those things would come naturally. Having a soulmate will change him, and his mother knew that.

"Right then, let's go." She walked up to the door and opened it. Thankfully, no demon was hanging around outside because they knew Kaiden would be in a foul mood.

"Wait... what's the plan?" He muttered and tried to stay calm.

"I'm walking you up to the gates," Not a single ounce of her altered and Kaiden admired her ability to keep such a brilliant poker-face. "Leave the rest to me."

She rested a hand on her son's back, but he jumped and winced.

"Mum," He growled and rolled his eyes. "Just follow me."

Kaiden stormed off with his usual glare, and Meloras hurried behind him. Nobody even turned their heads because they were not acting suspicious enough to do so. Kaiden's mission was to find the angel who was looking to get into hell, and he was, without the killing part. Yet, nobody else had to know that.

When they approached the gates, the keeper turned with a deep frown. The hood still covered his eyes and cast a gloomy shadow over his dirty face.

"Leaving so soon?" He questioned. Meloras could feel him staring at her, and she did her best to remain casual.

"I have a mission. Lucifer didn't want to see me, so I was informed by others." Kaiden glared at the gate. As soon as it opens, he was going to drag his mother through it and never look back. The adrenaline was pulsating all over his body.

"What is this mission?"

"There has been an angel looking for ways to get into hell. I must find him and kill him."

"Why is an angel looking for hell?"

Kaiden shrugged, but the gatekeeper stayed silent for a moment. The demons were not sure what he was thinking about.

"Would the angel be looking for you, by any chance?" His voice expressed no emotion.

"Why would you think that?" Meloras questioned.

"Why wouldn't I think that?"

"Can you just open the gate?" Kaiden sighed. "I have to get on with this."

"If the Devil knew you were trying to sneak your mother out of hell, completing your mission is the least of your worries."

Meloras stood closer to her son and gripped his forearm.

"I'm-"

"Meloras, I am not the gatekeeper for no reason. I spend my day reading and seeking sinful souls, you cannot think that I haven't looked into yours or your sons?"

"And? What's your point?" Kaiden snapped.

"You are both exceptionally different, especially you Kaiden. You are truly foolish to come back to hell with a split soul. I don't know how the devil didn't see it. But I guess not all of us are different."

Melora's narrowed her eyes.

"So, are you going to let us out?"

"Not you, unless you put up a fight and make it look like I didn't ruthlessly open the gates for you."

Kaiden pulled his arm away from his mother, lifted his fist and effortlessly punched him in the nose. The gatekeeper fell back and landed on the floor. His hood fell down, revealing a dirty appearance with a bloody nose. On the way down, the demon had pulled on the dial, and a clicking noise could be heard within the metal. Other demons were watching what had happened so Kaiden pulled his mother in front of him. She could then hide against his big body.

"To England?" The gatekeeper muffled and sat up. "I hope I never see you again. I'll get you back for that." With a wink, the gate swung open and without a second glance or a second thought, Kaiden pushed his mother and himself out and into the empty pit of darkness.