Lucas x Max

Max looked from her skateboard to the window over and over until the decision was made. She was going out.

She threw the board onto the ground and jumped out into the cold nights air. Carefully she walked up the road until her house was in the distance and skated down the hill.

After five minutes of mindless skateboarding everywhere, she found herself in a street she recognized. Lucas's street. Her eyes widened and she looked around to make sure she wasn't being followed.

'No turning back now' she whispered and slowly skated to the end of the road.

'Max?'

She put a foot on the ground and took a deep breath. She turned around to see the one and only Lucas standing in front of her. 'Great' she thought.

'What are, um, what are you doing here?' she asked, letting her hair fall to the sides of her face.

'Um, just got back from Wills,' He said gesturing to his bike. 'But what are you doing here?' He asked pointedly. 

'Well, um, no reason...' she said quietly. Lucas dropped his bike on the ground and walked up to her. 

'You sure?' He asked, slightly worriedly. 

'Yes I'm sure, does there have to be a reason for everything?!' She snapped. Lucas took a step back. 'Sorry.' She mumbled.

'All good' He replied, taking a seat on a bench nearby and patting the spot next to it. Max moved forwards and sat down. She looked up at Lucas who was studding the ground at his shoes.

'I needed to get away from Billy.' She said suddenly. Lucas nodding and looked at her in understanding. Max could feel her cheeks slightly burning and looked away. This is why she liked Lucas, he was so understanding and kind. She shook her head, why did she think about Lucas like this?

'Nice night...' he said awkwardly, causing her to chuckle.

'Whatever you say, Stalker' She glanced up at him again, only to find he was looking at her. She smiled slightly and held his gaze. Her smile faded and she looked away.

'It must be nice,' She commented suddenly. 

'What?' Lucas frowned.

'Having a understanding family, close friends' She closed her eyes, thinking back to her old school. Her eyes opened as she realised what she said. 'Sorry'. She looked up, 'Ignore that'.

'No it's ok, I know what you mean' He replied. 

'You do?' She asked uncertainly. 

'Yeah, my parents aren't the best. They basically never know where I am, nor do they care' Lucas said.

'Do you have Billy for a brother? No? ok, I think I've got it worse Stalker' she replied.

'Ok, but you still have us. Me, Dustin, Mike, Will, El' he said.

'They're your friends' she pointed out.

'Yours as well' He said. She smiled and edged a little closer to him.

'Thanks, I couldn't ask anyone to be there as much as you are' She said thankfully.

'It's ok, I'm just being a friend' He answered. Max smiled and looked back up at Lucas. A cold breeze went past them, causing Max to shiver. Lucas immediately moved closer till their legs were touching. Lucas looked away, to embarrassed to move.

'What have I done? she'll think I'm a weirdo!' He thought to himself, but just as he thought that, Max rested her head on his shoulder. Lucas couldn't stop the smile from forming on his face. 

Max smiled and looked around. 'Sometimes I like hanging with you, Stalker'.

'Sometimes I like hanging with you too, Madmax' Lucas smiled at her nickname. Although she was smiling she couldn't help but playfully nudge his side with her arm.

A bit later....

'I should probably get going.' Max said standing up, Lucas following her lead.

'Yeah, me too'.

'We should do this again sometime, just you and me' She said. Lucas smiled at her and nodded. 'Well, see ya round' Max turned to leave but Lucas grabbed her arm. 

'One more thing' He said. Max turned to face him but before she could even ask what he was leaning down and gently pressing his lips to hers. Max froze before closing her eyes and wrapping her arms around his neck. Max could feel her cheeks burning as Lucas broke away. 

'We should defiantly do this again sometime' She whispered and he chuckled. She picked her skateboard up and skated away yelling.

'Bye Stalker' and in return she could hear,

'Bye Madmax!' 

Yay! LUMAX

Please request! I loved writing this. Lucas and Max are my favourite ship!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee