0.7

"Thorne," Lily's annoyed voice said for the third time in a row

Julia pretended not to hear for the third time in a row.

At first she genuinely didn't hear the redhead girl calling her name, she had been too immersed in her book, but once she had realised that it wound Lily up, she continued to act oblivious. She found it much too enjoyable to annoy Lily.

"Julia!" Lily shouted, snapping.

Julia looked up from the book, which she had been using to hide her smirk, "You called, Evans?"

"Yes," Lily hissed, "several times." She shot an icy glare at Julia, to which she responded with a smile.

"Oh, did you? Sorry, Evans I didn't hear," she apologised brightly, closing the book after marking her page and setting it down.

"I'm sure you didn't," Lily smiled sardonically, "We have to work on the project, come on," She instructed, gesturing for Julia to follow her.

"Ugh, really?" Julia groaned, "I'm so over that project." She complained, but the project was a great way for her to spend time with Lily without it looking suspicious, so she wasn't that bummed about it.

"We've only just started it, how can you be bored all ready?" Lily asked in bemusement.

"I guess it's not that bad," Julia admitted, standing up, "But I would much rather be reading my book, or cuddling my cat, or fighting Slytherins, or anything else," she listed.

"You don't have a cat," Lily frowned, opening the portrait door and stepping through.

"That's what you think," She smirked.

"We've shared a dorm for six years, I would know if you had a cat," the redhead argued, confident in her logic.

"Fine, you're right," Julia conceded, "but one day I will," she promised.

"I wouldn't take you as a cat person," Lily mused aloud.

"What would you take me as?" Julia questioned, interested in the other girl's response.

"I'm not sure," she shrugged, "just not a cat person."

"Not even anything cool? Like a wolf or a bear?" She suggested jokingly.

Lily let out a short laugh, "You'd get a worm, at best."

"That's harsh, Evans," Julia grinned, not really hurt by Lily's teasing.

"You'll get over it," the redhead shrugged off as they neared the library.

"Where's Remus?" Julia asked, not because she was particularly concerned, just so the conversation wouldn't have to end.

"He said he'd meet us there," Lily informed.

He did meet them there, unfortunately so did the rest of his band of misfits. He and the three other Marauders stood outside the library doors, talking and laughing loudly with each other.