New Beginnings

Looking in the mirror, running my fingers through my hair, I decided to straighten my hair for church this morning. I had plenty of time, so why not. After I was done, I sat down at my desk and pulled my mirror closer to me and started to do my makeup. It didn't take me long to do my lashes because of their natural length, so next was my foundation and powder. As I apply my foundation, I start to hum my favorite song, Traveler by Chris Stapleton. As I look at myself through the mirror, I decided to add some blush, which I rarely put on. 

When I'm happy with the outcome, I walk over my closet and start to pick out my outfit. It was too cold to wear a dress, so jeans it was. Then I picked out a shirt and then took off my PJ's and changed into my outfit. But as I looked at myself in the mirror, I decided to spice it up and add a boho headband. 

Before I went downstairs, I put on two of my smaller turquoise rings on each hand and applied deodorant and perfume

Before I went downstairs, I put on two of my smaller turquoise rings on each hand and applied deodorant and perfume. I tucked my phone in my pocket as I closed my bedroom door and headed for downstairs where my family was waiting for me. "Okay, I'm ready." I say as they all look at me as my feet touch the cold floor. 

The boys were already heading out the door, my dad grabbing his keys and Caleb following him out the door. "Cute outfit!" Ashley says as she grabs her coat. 

"Thanks." I smile at her and look down at myself and walk out of the door and to my dad's pickup. 

"Who's the blush for?" My mom giggled beside me and my jaw dropped and I nudged her playfully as a blush rose on my cheeks. 

"No one!" I say under my breath when I noticed my dad growing curious of my mom's accusation. 

"Ryder, huh?" She smirks at me, and my face gives her the answer when my cheeks light up with pink and red. 

Okay, maybe it was for Ryder. Well I don't know honestly. Over these past few weeks Ryder and I have grown to be good friends and comfortable towards each other. We've hung out a couple of times, they weren't dates, no matter what anyone says about them. I don't not like him, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to have feelings for him. 

My mom winked at me as she climbed into the passenger seat of my dad's pickup, and then all three of us got into the back cab and buckled up. My dad turns the radio to an AM station and then we listen to the farm reports and a couple of old time songs as we drive to church. 

We park in our usual spot and then we all step out and into the parking lot. We say hi to friendly faces as we walk to the front steps of the chapel. I notice the Baker's talking to Father Brad, and I look down at my feet until we reach the top of the stairs. I look at Ryder who's dressed in a white Cinch long sleeve, gold belt buckle, and his creased wranglers. He somewhat looks at me and then does a double-take and then we meet eye contact and he smiles. He takes his hands out of his pockets and then opens the door for my family. 

I'm the last one to walk through the door, "Good morning." He says to me and I give him a soft smile. 

"Good morning, thank you." I say and look at the door he's holding and then I walk into the church, following my family. We sit in the third pew as always and kneel on the thing and say our prayer.