Whoops

"That's my good boy." I say as I patted Pharaoh's croup and dropped his reins as he rode back to the barn. We just got done with our barrels practice and he did a wonderful job with his leads and his balance. I didn't see myself having a big career with barrel racing, I thought of it more of a hobby with my horse. I didn't see myself going to the NFR, although that would be pretty cool, but I just don't think it was for me. Obviously, I would still compete at rodeos that are pretty close to home, I still love doing it, and Pharaoh and I are pretty good. I wanted to peruse my dream of being a farm vet and carrying on the diner. 

Anyways, I'm not sure what I am going to do today. Maybe I'll hangout with Taylor, we haven't in a while and I missed her. I also haven't hung out with Cooper since Wednesday and it's Friday, I know not a big deal, but when you're in me and Cooper's situation, it's hard to find time to talk to each other with out someone noticing. Plus, Cooper and I are both really busy, especially Cooper. He either has to work at the sale barn, doing stuff around his ranch, or he is practicing, and he has to eat and rest in between. That's what I found attractive in him, hard working. Obviously that isn't the only thing I found attractive about him, I could go on forever about his attractiveness. 

I got off of Pharaoh and tied him to a hitching post, just outside of the barn. I undid the flank cinch and then the front cinch, then slid the saddle of the beast and then took it to the tack shack. When I carefully put the saddle away, I walked over to the barn and turned the hose on and grabbed the necessities for bathing my horse. 

****************

Sitting on the couch, watching Reba, while Ashley is laying on the other couch, while having her calves on Caleb's lap. It was about 1 o'clock and I was becoming extremely bored, and it's too hot to do anything with my horses. So I grabbed my phone and pressed on Taylor's number. "Who ya calling? River's butler?" Caleb said and then laughed, amusing himself. After Ash saw me rolling my eyes, she kicked Caleb real close to his family jewels and he backed down. 

"Hey Kota!" Taylor's bright voice came through the phone. 

"Hey Tay, wanna do something?" I ask, and then getting up and walking to the kitchen. 

"Yeah sure, what do you wanna do?" She asked me. 

"Wanna go swimming or something, it's so dang hot out." I reply. 

"Ya, you can come out to my pool if you want." She said. 

"Okay! I'll be there in about 10." I inform her and then start heading to my room. 

"Sounds great, bye girl." She said excitedly. 

"Bye Tay." I said and then we both hang up at the same time. 

I arrived at Taylor's house around 10 minuets later, just like I said, and I could not wait to dive into her cold pool. It was a blazin' 99 degrees outside, and I felt bad for whoever has to work outside today. I already had my swimsuit on, so I just parked my truck in her grass, and then went to her backyard and I could already hear the music. There Taylor was, already floating on her red-circular-crab floatie. I climbed the stairs of her back deck and stripped of my clothes, she still hasn't noticed I am here. 

So I decided to have some fun with that. I quietly went back down the stairs and then silently climbed up the pool ladder, and then smoothly put my body in the cool water, hardly making any ripples. I can usually take cold water, but this was really cold, and it took all of my nerves to not just dive under and get used to it. Anyways, I reached Taylor's floatie and then in one swift move I lifted it up and tilted it so she ended up in the water, which I know she hated. I started to laugh, and I laughed even harder when she surfaced because she let out a loud gasp. "You know what this means!" She said and then lunged at me and tackled me into the water.