C H A P T E R 33

Chapter 33: Daisy

══════

   We found our way to the elevator and when we reached the bottom floor Daisy directed us where we needed to go, "The original passage is hidden through here."

   "I hope you're right about this," I muttered under my breath.

   We all walked into the room and were greeted by bright lights. Coulson stood in the center of a containment room with a tablet in hand. His fingers tapped on the screen and the door shut.

   "Hi," Coulson spoke.

   "You sold us out," Lincoln spoke with disdain.
   "Mentirosa!" Elena yelled.
   "Of course." I sighed.

   Daisy held her hands up in defense, saying she was sorry, "If someone is infected, I had to make this call."

   "I mean no harm, we're all part of the same team. But one of you is sick." Coulson began after that.

   "Oh that's bull, this is one of the many reasons why I left S.H.I.E.L.D— because of things like this. You guys don't tell us shit... it's all about—"

   Coulson interrupted my rant so he could finish what he was trying to say, "I didn't say anything earlier because we didn't know who it was, but now we do." Phil's eyes looked from mine to Lincoln's, "Let me guess, when you decided to leave, Lincoln didn't want to go." He then proceeded to pull out a metal sphere with carvings, "Not without your prize. This was taken from the assets room and hidden in your locker."

   Lincoln shook his head, saying he didn't do it... and a part of me believed him. Lincoln was many things, but he wasn't a liar. I would have felt it if he was. I was in close proximity with him all day, I would have caught onto something sooner or later.

   "Daisy, you have to believe me." He pleaded.

   "You know how to get in there. You've stolen from that room before." Coulson reasoned.

   "Yeah, that was different." Lincoln defended with a step forward.

   "No, that was exactly the same. From the moment Hive popped up on our radar, you suddenly knew where to find this and had your hands on it. Until our distress call diverted you to Malick's base."

   "Exactly. that was before any of this could have been exposed to Hive!"

   My eyes darted back and forth between the men. I could see the anger around them— feel it in my chest. But it still didn't feel right.

   "Was it?" Coulson theorized.

   "Transia." Daisy muttered, her mouth agape, "The rooftop."

   "Daisy fought Malick. I found the bodies, but you said you caught a glimpse of Ward, didn't you?" Coulson watched as Lincoln grew increasingly frustrated with all the accusations.

   "So you're saying he wasn't turned last night." Daisy put together what she believe to be the truth.

   Lincoln lowered his head and shook it softly. The buzzing intensified and I pressed the heal off my palm to my head. A scoff of disbelief left his mouth and he looked up furiously.

   "No." He muttered intently. Electricity crackled between his fingers, and I knew he was going to blow his fuse.

   "He's been turned this whole time," Daisy concluded, shock pulling her brows together.

   "I wasn't anywhere close to Hive!" Lincoln's voice caused everyone to jump.

   My body vibrated with the energy from him. My lungs grew heavy and I tried to force down the irritation.