"Oh sorry. I thought you were just being sympathetic. I like the sound of us being friends. But you have to get permission from my cousin first. She might go in a frenzy if she sees us together." I laughed at the thought of that.

"She must really love you enough to protect you."

"Yeah she does and I appreciate it. I could be a tough case sometimes but she's always there. Speaking of her, I need to call her so she'll know my whereabouts. I don't want her worried." I brought out my phone from my pocket.

"Sure no problem. You can even invite her to join us." Tess suggested and I agreed. My phone's technology was so good that I could just say the name of the person I wanted to call. I said Ana's name and instantly it processed my call.

Ana agreed to join us and we waited for her. Soon, I heard her chirpy voice and was shoved into her embrace.

"Okay Ana that's enough already, I'm about to choke." She instantly release me and apologized. I brushed off the apology, stating that I was only kidding. "Meet my new friend, Tess, Tess meet my beautiful cousin, Anabelle but we call her Ana."

They both exchanged pleasantries and got into a conversation, they talked endlessly about makeup, hair, models, and clothes. Oh no! They are already friends. Please remind me never to introduce anyone else to Ana again.

"Geez! Enough talking please. I'm starving. Tess lead the way." I couldn't help but pull one of them with me so the other would follow.

Surprisingly, Maxwell was waiting for us and when I asked him why, he said my mum gave him strict orders to stay where I went even if it meant waiting all day for me. Ugh! Now I knew total freedom was far from me. But I was grateful though because it showed mum was thoughtful of me.

We all got into the car and Tess kept complimenting the beauty of my car to the point that I promised to give her the key one day for her to drive. She squealed in delight and gave me a sound kiss on the cheek. She called me "Her favorite friend" and I grinned.

Now I had two good friends.

Turned out the place she and her brother went to was the exact place we had breakfast today. I was happy that I had a certified place where I could go if I needed food.

I asked Maxwell to join us but he politely declined, stating that he ate with his wife and children before coming. He never ate out, but always ate his wife's home-cooked meals. He met her in Sweden while she worked for her father in his restaurant and fell in love with her the moment he tasted one of her delicacies. He began to visit the restaurant everyday and one day, developed the courage to ask her out. Amazingly, she agreed and they dated before getting married a year later.

Le sigh!

I wish I'd meet someone someday who would overlook my flaws and love me unconditionally.

Tess mentioned that the name of the place was 'Sweet Love Restaurant' and I made a mental note to keep it in mind any day I was alone and needed something to eat. We all ordered cheese burgers and fries with Pepsi and I ate, moaning to my satisfaction. The girls kept talking and I didn't want to butt in so I just focused on finishing my food.

Both girls giggled and that got my attention.

"What's wrong? Why are you girls giggling instead of eating?" I asked inaudibly because my mouth was full of fries.

"Tess has agreed to come sleep over at our house next weekend. Isn't she sweet?" Ana giggled again. I was happy as well to have another female company who would be spending the weekend in my house.

"Yeah. Then we can eat, watch tons of movies, eat again and talk about everything." I replied.

"That sounds cool. I need to call my brother to come pick me up here. I need to move into my hostel this weekend." Tess chipped in.

"Oh really, where is it located?" Ana asked, the sleep over discussion already far from her mind.

"It's a little girls hostel in Washington Square Campus." I heard her dial her phone and soon she was talking to someone, I'm assuming was her brother. This time around her accent was thicker than usual because she was talking to a native British speaker. Done with lunch, I felt so frazzled and needed sleep as soon as possible.

"I think it's time we called it a day. I'm so tired, I need to get home so as to rest and rise up bright and early tomorrow." I lifted my cane and stood up as I spoke. I felt both girls rise with me.

"Both of you are awesome and I can't ask for better friends than you." Tess rushed up to hug Ana and I. We both hugged her back.
Ana and I left the restaurant and got into the car while Tess stayed to wait for her brother.

For the millionth time that day, I was grateful I had another friend.

Don't forget to follow, vote, comment and share.

Love,
Osaro.