Chapter 8: Regrouping with the Rebels

"Hey, Dad, I'm gonna go change right now," said Jon. "Because I've been wearing these clothes since before you were rescued. I'll be right back." He went off the change. Then Leia came back aboard the Falcon.

"Where's Jon?" she asked Han.

"He's getting changed," said Han. "So, has anyone come to meet us?"

"I commed General Rieekan and Mon Mothma as soon as I stepped into the hangar," Leia answered. "They'll be here shortly. I also said to bring a hover-gurney and a med-droid to bring you to the med-center. How do you feel now?"

"Honestly, pretty tired," Han replied. "My mouth's dry, too. And I also feel kinda nauseous." Leia frowned, feeling confused, and somewhat worried. Han hadn't displayed any of those symptoms during the flight from Tattooine. What had changed?

"Well, please don't throw up right now," said Leia.

"What about throwing up?" Han and Leia turned to see Jon returning. He was now wearing a gray shirt, green pants and a black vest that looked very familiar to Han.

"First, you had my jacket," said Han. "Now, I know you have several smaller versions of my vest. Hell, I made all of them for you. But is that one of yours, or one of mine?"

"It's one of yours," answered Jon. "Recently, my vests have all become a bit small for me. But yours were right there in your closet. So, I figure, hey, why not? And before you ask, no I didn't take all of your vests, Dad. Just a couple."

"Well, that's good," said Han.

"You know what else?" asked Leia. "Jon has held onto your medal for the past year, too."

"The one I got after the Battle of Yavin?" questioned Han.

"Yeah," said Jon.  "So, Mom," he continued, looking directly at Leia. "What's this whole thing about Dad throwing up?"

"Dad says he feels nauseous," Leia explained. "And also tired. Hopefully he can refrain from vomiting on the Falcon."

"Just how tired are you, Dad?" asked Jon. "I mean, Mom doesn't want you puking on the Falcon. And I don't want you to faint."

"I'm not gonna faint," said Han.

"Guys, you better get out here!" came Lando's voice. "The other's have arrived!"

"All right, Lando, thanks!" Jon called back. "We'll be right there! We'd better get going." Jon, Han and Leia left the Falcon. They joined Lando, Chewie and 3-PO in the hangar. A group of Alliance Personnel, plus a med-droid who was pushing a hover-gurney, led by General Rieekan, met them. The older man immediately hugged Leia. Jon was happy to see him. But when he also noticed that Mon Mothma and General Madine were in the crowd, his face fell.