Surprise

'How is her name still on the list? ' one person shouted
'I thought she died 'another joined in' or moved to the north pole or something .'
'There is she is' one student most probably a girl shouted.

What is the fuss about you ask...

My name is Madeline, Madeline Baker. Okay not like my birth name my parents gave me a completely different name ,Bonie McCarthy.
Right now am walking down the halls to the registrars office to get my transcript from the school which I used to go to.

I used to be a quite,  nerdy girl who was barely noticed were it not for my best friend and boyfriend. I am shorter than average of African heritage which surprise comes with extremely dark skin and unruly hair. So yeah I couldn't quite fit in.

My best friend on the other hand was this hot shot, long straight hair to her waist and a flawless face. She is from here, born and raised.

And where is here... I relocated to England when I was barely four years of age as my mother remarried.

My boyfriend was equally as hot if not hotter, if that's even a thing,  he is just perfect.  Razor sharp cheek bones , blue eyes that you could drown in and his body, oh Lord let's not get started.

Both my best friend and boyfriend  were pretty popular so that was the only way I got noticed at school otherwise I would have been,  I was actually sometimes,  the laughing stock of our school.

Emily, my best friend,  and Nathaniel, my boyfriend, we're actually really good friends and this warmed my heart considering Em was  like a sister to me.  Her approval of my relationship with Nat went a long way.

I am an only child but I barely felt noticed, if I was to suddenly disappear without an explanation I don't think my mom and her husband would notice or even care.

My love for books is what kept me from living a reckless life. You would mostly find my head buried in a book or on my phone reading a book,  I know sad right.  But trust me I was happy,  I was complete or so I thought.

One day as I was having my lunch, I got a call from my mom telling me she was going to a trip with her husband to somewhere.  Honestly I didn't even care , I became pretty closed off after my mom got remarried which is like all my life. I never shared too much but gave them just enough for them to feel like they knew the whole me.

After school,  as usual we rode with Nat.  He dropped me off since my house was the closest and then he went to drop Em at her house which was close to his.  Both Em and Nat were from wealthy families while I was a peasant, okay just me and my mum but my step dad was pretty loaded as he was always working. He even asked my mum to become a house wife as he had all the means necessary to provide for us for the rest of our lives.

I despised this man, my step dad, I felt that he was the reason why I wasn't close to my mum and vice versa. He stole all her attention buying her things that I couldn't afford and taking her to places I never dreamt of.  He always left me behind as they went on their escapades.

My mother did nothing to mend our broken relationship.  I practically raised myself.  I never accepted his money whenever it wasn't necessary. I even had a job as a waitress. I worked for my money.  I lived a peasants life in a fucking palace ,which was conveniently close to my school.

Once I got home I freshened up, did my homework and decided to relax and read a book before my shift at the restaurant.

I was flipping the pages of my book, drinking coffee when my phone rang. I was surprised as I rarely got calls other than from Nat. So I picked up my phone slightly excited hoping that it was Nat as he hadn't called me yet.

My heart dropped a little when the number on the screen wasn't Nat's. I still proceeded and picked the call.
'Hello ma'am is this Bonie McCarthy? ' an unfamiliar voice asked. I was slightly frightened as no one called me by my full name.
'Yes it is,how may I help you? 'I answered trying to remain as calm as possible.
'I have some bad news ma'am and I would like to ask you to remain calm' the unfamiliar voice continued, ' your father's plane has crashed and officers are the scene..., '
That was all I heard before my brain turned off shock taking over me.
I didn't even know when I ended the call.

I was shocked but I wasn't grieving.  I was convinced that my mother would call anytime telling me that they had arrived.  I waited and waited and when she never called all that I could think of was going over to Em's house. 
I was completely zoned out because I walked to Em's house which was quite frankly , very far away. I wasn't one to exercise but somehow I was fit. But on this day in my zoned state, I walked to Emily's house.

I was a frequent visitor there so I knew how to get in without having to call her.  When I got into Emily's house, it was empty. Then again I remembered her mentioning that her parents would be working late.

I wondered why she didn't call me over, she always did whenever she was home alone. That was when I heard screams, more like moans from Emily's room. I knew Em wouldn't be so reckless as to do it in her parents house but on the other hand what do I know right...

I walked over to her bedroom like I always do. I thought she was watching some ex rated movie...