Part 2

I was dragged to the train with Kirsten. She had a sad look on her face. It was really bad for her to get reaped. I pity her. I had to say something to her. When we got to the train, everything was made out of glass. Too bad the Capitol people was keeping it for themselves.

"Sorry you got reaped." I managed to say. She looked at me with a grin. And we had a conversation.

"Don't worry! I can survive in the games!" She was so brave. I know the fact that she was good at throwing knives. We would sometimes go in the woods, she would practice throwing knives and I would practice archery.

"We should form an alliance at the arena!" I blurt out. She answered fine.

And out of nowhere, Effie started talking. In her rich Capitol accent, again!

"Try the desserts! I'll go get your mentor Katniss!" She says. But this time, she doesn't have her accent. And she leaves the room, leaving me and Kirsten alone.

"Why would you volunteer?" She asked. I didn't want to tell her the truth, but I also didn't want to lie.

"I have my own reasons!" I would answer. She looked like she didn't want to pry me open and search my brain for answers.

And with that, Effie returns to the room with our mentor. Katniss Everdeen. Victor of the 74th Annual Hunger Games and 3rd Quarter Quell.

"Sorry you got reaped!" She was nice to us. Instead of congratulating us, she felt pity. Unlike the other Capitol people who congratulate us for getting reaped and being sent to the Games. This should be an honor for all of us. Because we are representing our districts. But not anymore, because some of us are about to face death.

"When do we start?" Asks Kirsten. She was looking anxious. She needed advice to survive and get sponsors which I find fun. I on the other hand, does not need advice. I need tips. There's a difference.

"What about now?" Katniss answers. And she lectured us about surivival. Boring, Boring, Boring. It was all I thought about.

And after that, she asked us about our weapon of choice. I answered Bow and Arrow. Kirsten answered with knives.

A couple of minutes later, we were already at the shimmering Capitol with the people around cheering. Me and Kirsten waved at them, showing that we need sponsors. Since that this year is special, Only 12-year-olds are getting reaped. And the Capitol people were cheering, some were laughing. I wanted to shot them with an arrow on their face. And they led us to the remake center.