Part 1

It was the most devastating moment of my life when everyone at school found out that I was President Snow's grandson. Of course, everyone at school was avoiding me because they would think I would tell my grandfather that they were bullying me and of course, Snow would ruin their lives.

But others would really bully me. They were hitting me everywhere due to the fact that I am the evil President's grandson. They would say that my grandfather made their lives miserable, which I am aware. I never wanted to tell anyone they are bullying me. I never even fought back to those jerks due to the fact that their lives are already ruined by my grandfather. I pity the people here.

I hate him. I hate Snow. Due to the fact that the odds are in his favor while the districts are suffering. I already made plans to volunteer as tribute because I don't wanna see any more children being separated from their parents and sent to the Games.

I'm living alone anyways, I hated the fact that my parents threw me here at district 12 and been sending me money to take care of myself. They said with this, I could learn how to survive especially in the games.

In school, I would rather sit alone being avoided by everyone. Except for my only friend Kirsten, she was really nice to me and would understand me at any cost. She never feared me that Snow might put her family in danger. She is the only person who understands me.

And here I am, at the reaping and waiting for district 12's escort, Effie Trinket to reach out a piece of paper from the glass ball.

I look at the line for girls, trying to search for Kirsten. And when I found her, she looked at me as well to smile and gave me a thumbs up for good luck.

"Welcome, Welcome 12-year-old people of district 12!" Effie announced in her rich Capitol accent which I found annoying. "The time has come to select one courageous young man and woman for the honor of representing District 12 for the 76th annual Hunger Games!".

"As usual, ladies first." She reached for a piece of paper from the glass bowl before returning her face back to the microphone. She read it out loud and announced the name in front of every one. "Kirsten Tomlinson!".

With that, everyone felt normal but Kirsten was shaking. Her tears were building up from her eyes. In the look of her face, she was stopping her tears from falling. She had nothing to do but walk to the stage.

"Now, for the boys!" Effie reaches on the bowl and read it out loud. "Harold E.."

"I volunteer as tribute!" I shout. Everyone was silent and I walk to the stage. Eyes were on me, and I saw my school bullies look up at me smiling. I know what they're thinking: Good thing Alec can die now. I can read it on their face and I got up the stage.

"Well, can you tell us your name young lad?" Effie asked. She was still annoying me with her accent but I shrug it off.

"Alec Frost." I was able to stop myself from stuttering.

"Well, let's give a round of applause for District 12's tributes: Kirsten Tomlinson and Alec Frost!" Effie exclaims. No one clapped except her.

And with that, we were dragged away to the train.