Chapter 9

Chapter 12

"So, are you ever going to tell me where you are whisking me away to?" I ask with a smile as he opens the car door for me.

"Well, because of your inability to wait, will tell you we will need our energy for it.that is way before we do anything I am taking you to the absolute, best coffee shop in town," he says while getting in the care and pulling out of the driveway and down my neighborhood street to the main road.

"You literally read my mind, I need coffee." he chuckles slightly at my comment and offers for me to put on some music. I scroll through his Spotify and spot a lot of music similar to mine. After a few minutes of diligently searching I settle on a song by SWMRS, my favorite band.

After small talk, a few more songs and 4 minutes and 25 seconds of me pretending not to care about the fact that he casually placed his hand on my leg we arrive. The cafe is next to a few a bookstore and I make a mental note to come back here. He hops out of the car and walks quickly to the other side to open my door. His chivalry is so surprising in the best way. I love seeing these different sides of him, sweet, sexy, funny, angry and now I can add chivalrous to the going list of sides to Red in my mind.

When we walk inside the coffee smell instantly hits me and I swear i could just freeze time and small that smell forever. But, alas we walk in and I order a breve latte and he orders a cafe mocha with extra whip, cream, and 4 sugars. We are walking to the car hen o offer his a sip of my coffee, he obliges and instantly makes a face at this somewhat bitter taste. "That taste like a God damn ash tray. How do you drink that? Do you not have taste buds?"

"You see I, unlike you, am not a wimp 'Mr. 4 sugars." our banter continues while we get in the car and he drives off.

"Oh babe, I am anything but a wimp." he smiles that stupid smirk and winks at me. I instantly feel the effect as my cheeks get warm and I attempt to hide it by looking at the window. I slightly zone out thinking about how annoying blushing and how it could have ever been used to the human race when I notice that we are now significantly far from town on the high way.

"Ummm, can you tell me where we're going nowwww? Because we are driving a weird amount from town and if you dot tell me I will assume you are trying to murder me and I will make a run for it." he chuckles slightly, "Belle I swear i won't murder you," he says under his breath,"out here."

I giggle at his stupid joke and that's when I see the lights and colors high in the night sky. "A fair?" I say in shock,"I literally would have never guessed that." I giggle a little.

He looks over at me after we park, slightly nervous, "is this okay? I didn't know if you liked this kind thing, but I thought it would be better than sitting in silence at a movie or playing stupid mini golf."

"Absolutely. I love the fair. I love rides. Funnel cakes are the best. So, yes babe you did perfect," I lean across the console of the car and kiss his cheek sweety before quickly getting out of the car.

While we're standing in line to get, I can't help but tilt my head up and look at all the lights on the rides. I feel a small smile creep to my lips when I feel his gaze on me. He laces his fingers in mine and says quietly, "You are adorable." that same familiar warmth creeps to my face as we walk in.

He pulls me around to all his favorite rides and I do the same to him. We eventually run out of rides and plays some games. He smiles down at me and wins me a few stuffed animals. We are walking through the haunted house and he feels my hand shaking his slightly when we walk out.

"Are you that scared? I was there the whole time I would never let anything bad happen." he smiled a cocky smile showing off his perfectly, straight white teeth. "If you must know I am just cold. These are chilly shakes, not scared ones." I stick my tongue out at him as we get in line for a strawberry funnel cake, which is our shared favorite.

He pulls his hand from mine and says, " Well, we have done all the cheese-y stuff tonight I knew something was missing." he slid his jacket off his shoulders and held it up for me to slide my arms in too. I smile and put my arms in. it is big on me but it is so warm and comfy and it smells like colon on the side but not too much. "There," he says once my body is fully engrossed in the large clothing, "I have checked every clique box there is."we chuckle slightly and I wrap my arm around his waist while he orders for us.

We sit and eat and talk and laugh. Man, do we laugh. He is so quick and witty and funny. Funny like by the end of the night my face hurts from smiling and laughing so much. We flirt and play footsie under the table and for the first time in a long time, I feel light and happy.

Even if we aren't meant to be anything more than we are right now, they will be eternally grateful for the way he made me fee tonight.

~~~

When we pull up to my house he turns off the car and walks me to the front door. I pull out my keys and hold them in my hand for a second before looking up at him through my eyelashes, "I had a really good time tonight." a small smile curing my lips.

"I did too. I think you are the best dart thrower I have ever seen." we laugh a little and places his hand against my waist and in the middle of my small giggle, he pulls me against him. His lips slowly connect with mine and my eyes flutter closed, my hands hanging loosely around his neck while he pulls me closer. I know that I have kissed him before, but never like this. Never slow and savoring the way his lips move gently against mine. The slow fireworks going off in my stomach make we weak in the knees, but he holds me up.

Then it is all over too soon and he pulls away, still resting his hand on my waist."I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" he says in a half-whisper with his forehead slightly against mine. I give a small hum of yes and he pulls away. I open the door and head inside, catching a glimpse him walking down the path before I shut it.

As soon it closes, I lean back against up it and find myself with my finger over my lips, curved into a smile I cant hold in. I head up to my room and fall down on m bed and let my mind drift back to him.

That night I barely sleep with the thought of his lips on mine in my head.