The Event that changed our lives

Rose Pov
" Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I welcome you all to this great charity event organized by ......."
    I turned out of the introduction. Although I was physically here,but my mind was not .I know you might be wondering why I am in an event I have no interest in. But the thing is, this event was organized by my family. My Dad holds these event occasionally to show his kind deeds or sometimes to cover up any shameful act of the family.This took my mind back to the time Mum drive recklessly under the influence of alcohol and almost caused a major accident in the neighborhood. Dad of course came to the rescue and organized an event to cover it up.
Usually, there are always three sets of people present in these events;the rich and wealthy glammed up in expensive tux and gowns to applaud and make contributions towards the charity and to show of their wealth. the middle class, who are here to observe and get connected to the rich. then the poor who are the recipients of these donation.
   My mom,always the life of a party could be seen in all smiles,greeting
important people while stylishly avoiding the poor by moving very fast whenever a poor member wants to shake her. 
     I move to the stage in a slim fitted dress and took the mic and said 
               Thank you ladies and gentlemen for your generous donations to this beautiful project,I know that ( The Lord) would bless your pocket greatly." " This donation is for the benefit of people living in the east side of our beautiful city; giving them food and shelter and clothes.
      These lines I said were rehearsed by me and my nannies before today .
  " I would like to start the event by donating $100 dollar." Many people shouted and clapped for me as they thought to themselves" a 15years old donating money to charity" .some saw it as joke, others saw it as a way of my parents showing off. But to me and those who needed it, It was from my heart and I wasn't sent to donate any money but I did because they needed it.
    My dad rushed to my side and collected the microphone with a smile saying " my daughter is becoming an adult now."people laughed and clapped as I left the stage to meet my mom who was glaring at me while laughing with others.
    When I got closer to her, she said " why did you want to disgrace our family, I mean $100 dollar, you couldn't even say a $10000 dollar ,Eva you just made my friends laugh at me , go and play with your friends ,foolish child".
    I left with my head held high as my nannies were hugging and telling me I did good. coming towards me was the Greene twin,Arrogant little twin with their empty blond hair,with the attitude of a peacock because they were always praised for being beautiful with their big green eyes. I actually feel the reason for their surname is because of their green eyes.
    "Hey Rose, you have become the star of the night with your cheap donation .$ 100 dollars!!! Are you kidding me ? you couldn't even increase it. Well what do you expect from miss goodie two shoes ." as always Queen Bee Eva said.
    "Also who designed your dress? it looks like a washrag. And are you sure you didn't offend Vera Wang because I don't understand why she used late season fabrics for you, SMH Girl" . her sister kept her two cents in the discussion.
     Taking a glass of juice from the waiter with a smile, I told Eva " Is that a fly I see on your dress?. As expected of Eva , she started panicking and screaming!" GET IT OFF,WHERE DID THIS DISGUSTING ANIMAL GET ON MY DRESS. HELLEN HELP ME!!!" . As a good sister Helen looked and after a fruitless search she told her sister " there is no fly on your dress or maybe it flew away. sis tune it down, people were looking at you like you were crazy"
      I left their midst because their screams and bickering against each other could wake the dead.

PEDRO P.O.V
      I am never comfortable with this charity event where my parents and I have to wear our best clothes in order to fit in this crowd.
     Today I am wearing my dad's old suit which he wore in his good old days. The suit had to go through a lot of slim fittings before it was my size. I smiled when I remembered how I looked like a clown in a suit that was bigger and longer than me but my mom still said
     "you look handsome,sweet heart and I am sure a lot of ladies will flock after you . I don't know what I did to deserve such a handsome son like you". with a kiss to my forehead.
     " Bring it let me put some finishing touches to it". Now if someone should look at me I looked lky a million bucks with my gel head . and my mom could get anywhere with her flattery. Many people asked which designer designed my suit. Funny people they couldn't diffentiate between me and them.
      As I moved around, I heard how the donation started with a little girl with $100 dollars . I felt good that she donated with her heart not her pride .what really caught my attention was the scream of a girl about a fly on her dress. In my mind I was just amazed about how the rich had silly obsession with neatness.
    A little fly can't hurt anyone . But when she turned around. I saw a beautiful girl with big Green eyes and long lashes, full lips and had a body of a seductress. Every movement of her beautiful body was a pleasure to watch at. she looked so beautiful with every flip of her hair she made with her fingers,her facial expression even though she was annoyed was still beautiful. I knew she was rich by her dressing but I wanted to talk to her. she was talking to someone of the same size.
     As I moved closer, she smiled . immediately i said hello. two heads turned lookin identical. Lord have mercy she is a twin.