His bones started to break and he soon was in his human form. He had dark hair and bright eyes that seemed to shine in the dark. I refused to look even further than that, he was gorgeous.

The second group of wolves had not shifted, only the first group were in their human forms. He walked to them and started to started to say something when suddenly the branch I was on snapped. I attempted to grab onto a branch when I was falling but I didn't have a good grip on it. I hit my head on a thick branch on my way down and my vision began to blur. Before I hit the forest floor I was already knocked out.

************************************

Roman pov

When I had woken up this morning, I felt good. Today was different, I hadn't felt this good in a long time. I had worked late the night before attempting to clear my weekend up to have time to relax. Life in the pack was great, except for some of the wolves have not found their mate yet. I myself had looked for my mate but could not find her, I still hoped to find her soon. I have been looking for my mate for seven years now, I had just turned twenty-six a few months ago.

Once a werewolf turns nineteen they are able to find their mate. We don't always find them right away, but we usually find them after a few years after the age of nineteen.

After getting dressed I walked to my office to finish up paperwork about expanding the pack territory. More wolves were creating families and would need homes to live in. Here the pack house was used for meetings and celebrations. The pack house was currently where I lived until I meet my mate. They teenage werewolves also lived here of their choice. It was a huge house surrounded partially by forest. There is a path that leads to the homes of pack members, the houses were spaced out so that they had a bit of space and privacy for themselves. Each pack member has food and shelter no matter their rank in the pack.

The pack members were ranked according to their bloodline or strength. The strongest wolf being the Alpha male followed by the Luna. The alpha leads the pack and keeps order as well as cares for his pack members.

***

Looking at the clock on the wall, the time had gone by fast. It was already five in the afternoon, I had to go meet a group of rogues who wanted to join my pack.

Walking out of my office and into the hallway, I make my way outside. Going behind a tree, I shift into my wolf form. I had some of my pack members coming with me, they had run the border of our territory during the day. They would be there to witness and protect me.

As I ran through the forest to the border of my pack my wolf began to get more excited the further I ran. The forest floor crunched under my paws and the forest animals scurried away in fear. The wind hitting my fur felt so good after a day in the office.

It didn't take me long until I reached the border of my pack. A group of wolves stood in their human forms on the other side of the pack border. They were skinny werewolves that looked as if they had never been introduced to a shower. I shifted and put on a pair of shorts I had carried in my mouth on. My pack members that were present stepped aside to let me through.

"You want to join my pack," I stated with a low voice.

"Well, we were hoping it would be better than striving to survive on our own." The better-looking werewolf stepped up while he talked.

"How could I ever trust you and your friends, and besides; what could you contribute to my pack that we don't already have?" Before they could answer my questions, a branch from above started to snap. Before looking up, I heard the branch hit the ground with a thud. All eyes seemed to be on a tree a few feet from where we stood. Looking up I saw a girl who seemed to be in her teens. She was hanging from a branch that she grabbed hold of when she was falling, her grip on the branch seemed to be weakening. As her hands lost their grip on the branch she began to fall again. Her head hit another branch as she fell before I could react she hit the forest floor. Hurrying over to her I saw that she was unconscious, crouching down I noticed that she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen.

I was drawn to her in a way I couldn't explain. As I touched her face I felt sparks, I couldn't believe it. I had finally found my mate! She was the reason that my wolf was excited, he had sensed that she would be here. I lifted her up into my arms and stood up. Happiness filled my every being, I had finally found my mate. No longer caring about the group of rogues I began to walk back to the pack house.

"Hey, what about us?" The leader of the group of rogues called out to me.

"Find some other pack to join," I said as I kept walking away. My pack members following behind me.

I kept walking not wanting to bounce her around too much. As I reached the pack house, I had one of my pack members call the pack doctor. I walked down the hall to my bedroom and set her down softly. The pack doctor came in a few minutes after and hurried over to her. I growled at him, my wolf feeling protective over our mate. He ignored me and went to work on checking her over for other injuries.

"she'll have a headache when she wakes up, but other than that she should be fine. Give her this when she wakes up," he said handing me a pill of ibuprofen.

"Make sure she takes it with a glass of water," he said over his shoulder as he walked out of the room.

I watched her as she slept for a bit and then I decided to go to bed myself. Throwing on a different pair of shorts I then climbed into bed, wrapping my arms around her I fell asleep.