2

Minerva hurried up the huge staircase to the hospital wing, eager to find out why Poppy had felt inclined to call Albus while she was looking after the small boy. Entering the hospital wing, she saw Harry lying on a bed. Somehow, he looked incredibly small in the normal sized bed. Poppy was sitting next to him, smearing cream on the many bruises on his left arm. Albus had taken a seat on a chair on the other side of the bed and was just explaining to Harry about the blood wards.

'As if a six-year-old boy, who doesn't even know who his parents were, could understand anything about blood wards,' Minerva thought angrily, noticing that Harry was leaning as far away from the headmaster as he possibly could. Seeing that Harry was trying to hide his obviously shaking hands under the covers, she gave him a huge smile asking, "Now, is Aunt Poppy making you all better, Harry?"

The small boy slowly averted his eyes to Minerva and, after a flash of recognition passed through his eyes, a small smile played on his lips.

"Is everything else all right, Poppy?" Minerva enquired, giving her friend a look of concern when she slightly shook her head.

"Unfortunately not, Minerva; apart from the bruises and welts that are probably covering his whole body, he has many bones that have obviously been broken before and haven't healed properly," the healer replied in a grave voice.

Seeing her friend's face take on a white colour, Poppy continued, "I'm not going to heal everything today though. For now, I'll just put the bruising cream on his arms and legs. As soon as Harry is comfortable enough to let me see and touch other parts of his body, I'll apply the cream there as well. Sometime in the near future, we'll have to break some of his bones again so that they can heal properly, but then he must remain here overnight and I can imagine that he doesn't want to stay in the hospital wing on his first day at Hogwarts."

"I think you are completely right, Poppy; thanks for your consideration," Minerva agreed, slightly relieved noticing the grateful glance Harry gave the Healer.

HP

Harry thought, 'I really like her, she made my arms feel better. I wonder how long I can stay here.'

Dumbledore, who had stayed quiet so far, spoke up, "I will speak to the Dursleys when I take Harry back there as soon as Poppy is finished."

Harry stared at the old man in shock, while his mind screamed, 'No!'

HP

Noticing that Harry's face held a horrified expression, Minerva protested vehemently. "But Albus, you said he can stay here on the weekends. Apart from that, as it was me to take him away, I insist that I'm the one to take him back."

"Yes, Minerva, but I changed my mind. It's better for him not to know anything about the wizarding world yet. You have to obliviate him when you take him back," Albus countered firmly.

"I can't take him back today anyway. The Dursleys have left their house until tomorrow evening, and I can tell you now that he won't be obliviated," Minerva stated, sounding very angry.

"Then he can stay until tomorrow, but my order stands, Minerva," the headmaster demanded, ignoring the last part of her sentence for the time being.

"Albus, do you really intend to the send the child back to his abusive family?" Poppy asked terrified, thinking of the results her check-up had revealed.

"I'm sorry Poppy, but it's best for him to return," Dumbledore replied, popping a lemon drop into his mouth before he stood, said good-bye to Harry, and left the hospital wing.

HP

Harry just looked at the old man leaving with a frightened look on his face, thinking, 'He acts like Uncle Vernon. I really don't like him, he's scary.'