My High School Sweetheart: Japan

Start from the beginning

 The rest of the lesson crept by slowly and you found yourself drifting off more than once. You peeked up at Kiku, who seemed just as bored as you were. You pulled out your notebook and wrote, 'He's trying to kill us with boredom. XP' then slid the paper toward him.

 Kiku smiled and wrote, 'I wish he would do it faster.'

 You stiffled a laugh. 'Only 20 more minutes of torture to go then we can go home,' you wrote back.

 'Yes, but then I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see you again.' After he wrote this, he seemed to be extremely interested in the lesson all of a sudden.

 The two of you ended up walking home together since you lived in the same neighborhood. The walk was quiet but pleasant. You felt a bit put out when you reached your house first. "See you tomorrow, Kiku," you said, waving from your front porch.

 "Have a good evening, ______-chan," he said, bowing at the waist before turning to leave.

 You were about to go inside when a thought occured to you. "Kiku wait!" you called, afraid he hadn't heard you, he was so far off now. Kiku turned to hear what you had to say. Now that you had his attention, you shouted. "Since you live so close, why don't you come hang out at my house sometime?" You saw Kiku nod and felt a huge grin on your face.

 That was how the after school tradition of anime and pockey began. On this particular evening you found yourself sprawled across your bed next to your best friend, Kiku Honda, watching an anime you both adored, Ouran High School Host Club.

 You loved these moments you had alone with him. Kiku was so much more open when it was just the two of you. He smiled freely and spoke his mind, even acted silly sometimes. You watched him from the corner of your eye, taking in every reaction, every wonderful change in his expression, and couldn't help but notice that no matter how many little changes occured within his features, he was always attractive.

 You were contemplating this when Kiku noticed you staring. "What's the matter, ______-chan?" he asked, tilting his head in the cutest of ways.

 "N-Nothing..." you stuttered, looking away to hide your blush. Too embarrassed to continue observing Kiku, you turned back to the show, which you had already seen an infinite number of times before. Your mind began to wander, and finally, you drifted off to sleep.

 When you awoke, you were startled to find Kiku much closer than he would be normally with his arm draped over you. His eyes were closed and his breath  was soft and cool on your face. You smiled to yourself. Kiku had fallen asleep too. He looked so innocent and peaceful you almost couldn't bring yourself to wake him up, but you knew it was close to dark outside.

 You gingerly slipped out of his grip, knowing how awkward it could be if Kiku woke up so close to you. Gently, you shook him, softly calling his name. Kiku slowly lifted his head, blinking blearily. "Kiku, it's about time you should head home. It's almost dark," you said in a hushed tone, resisting the urge to brush his slightly nappy hair with your fingers.

 Kiku stood and stretched. "Good evening, ______-chan," he said, concealing a yawn.

 "See you tomorrow, Kiku," you said, smiling wistfully as you watched him go.

 Except you didn't see him tomorrow. At breakfast, he was nowhere to be found. Lunch was lonely. Algebra was horrible with no one to help you with your math and no one to write notes to when you got bored. School seemed to last forever without your best friend by your side, but finally you found yourself heading to your locker wondering if Kiku might be sick, and deciding that if he was, you were going to go check on him.

 You opened your locker door to get your books and a folded piece of paper fell from one of the shelves and landed at your feet. YOu bent over to pick it up, then once you had the note unfolded, you read the simple sentance that was written there; "Meet me in the art room." You noticed with a smile that it was Kiku's handwriting. After gathering all you needed, you hurried to the art room, eager to see your friend after a long, terrible day.

 You entered the empty classroom, looking for the small Japanese boy and sure enough, you found him leaning against one of the long tables staring off into space. You walked up to him, slightly peeved. "Where were you? I thought you were sick," you said, crossing your arms over your chest.

 "I was in here making this for you ______-chan," he said innocently as handed you a stack of papers.

 When you took the papers, you realized that Kiku had made you a short manga. You opened the front page to find that this manga was about you and Kiku. It started with the day you met, skipped through some of the best moments the two of you have had together, and in the end, little anime Kiku confessed his love for you.

 When you finished reading, you looked up at him with tears in your eyes. "Oh Kiku! Thank you!" you cried, throwing you arms around him. At first, he went rigid, then you felt him relax slowly and embrace you in return.

 He held you for awhile before he leaned back to look you in the eyes. "______-chan, ai-aisaru," he murmured.

 "What does that mean?" you asked, though you already had an idea.

 "It means I rove you," he said before quickly kissing you.

 You smiled as you took his hand. Together, the two of you headed to your house to watch anime as usual.