PROLOGUE

Hello Reader!

Thank you so much for clicking on my book. I hope that you'll enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. As always, this book is a work of fiction, all rights reserved and don't forget to show your love with votes, comments, and shares.

Lots of love and on with the story - Jennie Lyne

~ ♥ ~

 (Sean)

I straddled my wife on the bed, rolling the muscles of my abdomen in an out and making a mouth out of my belly button by squeezing the skin around it.

"What's the matter, baby? You know you want to kiss me," I deepened my voice, comically giving the obscured body part a voice of its own.

"You're such a goofball!" Sara squealed and playfully smacked my bare chest.

"Oww!" The deep voice whined. I fell to my side. "You got me ... I'm dying!"

I felt a soft finger trail my side, causing a sensation I could not ignore for long. I held my breath, pinched my eyes, then burst into a delightful howl. "Okay – okay! I give up!"

"Wuss." Withdrawing her playful attack, Sara fell back on the bed, rested her hands on her belly and exhaled a contented sigh. "I love you, Sean."

I braced the weight of my body on an elbow and gazed at her. Oh, I never could get enough of staring into those eyes – so blue and I knew every turquoise speckle that made the shade change with her mood.

She had been my wife for three weeks and I still thought I was dreaming. Our courting hadn't been easy. We were forbidden to contact each other, forced to sneak away to enjoy fleeting moments until finally we defied both our fathers and followed our hearts.

I was a Gianetti, born into a family that enjoyed an endless supply of money obtained by dirty deeds and bloodied hands. My father said that Sara and her family were beneath us. Uniting our families brought no benefits and Sara's father, a usually understanding Christian man, uncharacteristically shunned me from the moment my name escaped Sara's lips. I couldn't blame him. My name alone stood for pain and suffering. But Sara didn't care who my family was. She never judged me like the rest of Jenithiyah and oh, how I fell in love with her for that.

When we were together no one else in the world existed. The world vanished and we were deaf to the people who chided and berated. So, what we were barely adults. Anyone under twenty-one was considered a child in Jenithiyah and to me, it seemed far too long when I felt and worried about the things full-grown men thought about. I couldn't stand waiting for that milestone. For the freedom to make my own choices – I'd carried a diamond ring in my pocket for months, deliberating an ultimatum; my father's ways and his money – or Sara.

"Do you want to marry me or not?"

I'll never forget how stunned I was when she turned in her seat and said the words I'd been trying to get the nerve to say. In that instant, my choice was easy. All the money in Jenithiyah meant nothing if I had to deny my heart. I could not – and would not live without Sara.

"They'll accept us once we're married ... They'd have to ... right?" Her innocent hope refelecting through big eyes. "And we'll be happy ... Sean, I'm so miserable when we're apart."

"We'll never be apart again." I kissed her forehead. "I promise."

Eloping was easy. We came from Demora, a city where everything and everybody moved fast. Where casinos stood tall and bright. Where anyone could get married on a whim. We chose a place just inside the city limits that resembled a church and rented a room across the street. We sat on the bed holding hands in silence. Staring at the clock. Waiting and hoping we weren't found before midnight – when Sara officially turned twenty-one.