"Mr. Raizada, you can meet your wife."

Meet my wife? Arnav stared at the Doctor blankly.

"Mr. Raizada, your wife is conscious now. You can meet her now"

He doesn't know if he nodded his head at the Doctor or not, but felt his legs moving, only one thing resounding in his head--- he can meet his wife...she is conscious.

His trembling hands pushed the door open and he entered inside. His eyes still downcast, he started walking towards the bed.

He sat quietly, his mind and heart blank, not knowing what to feel and say.

He sat there, not knowing for how long. But as he sat there, denying to feel anything, having no courage to speak anything, he felt something warm engulf him. A sob left his mouth, some tears spilling out of his eyes. He knew whom the warmth belonged. It was Khushi..... his Khushi. He wanted to lift his hand, to reciprocate her hug, but found no strength to do that. But as he heard her words, his hands shot up to hold her, to crush her to him.

"Let me go , please...."

He tried to speak, to deny her, but he doesn't know if anything came out of his mouth or not.

"I want to go ..... away from you ....."

His throat choked painfully, fighting to form some word. He wanted to deny her, wanted to rebuke her, scold her, tell her that she can't leave him.

"I..... I..... I will die without you.... " finally he found some words, the only thing he wanted her to know.

"And I will die if I stay with you ...." He heard her painful whisper against his ears. He tightened his hold on her, afraid.

"No Khushi .... I promise ...."

"No promise , please ..... then it hurts more ....."

He closed his eyes. She no more trusts him. She thinks he is only capable of hurting her. He desperately wanted to change her belief.

"Never, Khushi ... trust me.. last time ... please .... I beg you ..." he found her slipping away from his grasp , and the feeling was frightening, frightening enough to choke him to death. He caught her shoulder and pulled away from the hug, looking at her pale face.... his heart tightened more. His trembling hand lifted to cup her face.

"Last chance..?" She lifted her pained eyes to look at him. "I too need a last chance , Arnav ji..."

Arnav groaned, his forehead resting against her. Six months. It's been six months since he had heard his name from her lips. He had missed it, he had missed her.

"Arnav ji... it sounds so good from your mouth, Khushi .... It makes me feel ..as....as if I am still a human .... I still deserve to be loved....." Arnav breathed, his forehead against her, his nose touching hers.