CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Thebes, Egypt 1290 BC. Princess Nefertiri forms in Evelyn's body. She breaks the kiss then pushes Imhotep away from her.

Imhotep's supernatural powers brought her from heaven into a memory she had missed. Nefertiri felt disgusted as she kissed her father's loyal priest, Imhotep. The irresponsible man who got a woman pregnant.

The maid died by killing herself.

She passed around the room, searching for her beloved Ramesses that she married to him. Ramesses nowhere to be seen, not even her father. Just her and Imhotep alone on the balcony. The Views at night are beautiful. She stopped in front of Imhotep.

"Imhotep?" She said in Egypt. "This is not me. Return me as well". She was crying. Imhotep wants to wipe down her tears, with respect he doesn't want to touch her. "This is my old chamber, why am I here and why are you here?"

Imhotep is happy to see his Nefertiri again. His precious, his soul and love. Evelyn Nefertiri is the same woman he had loved. Politely he bowed to her.

"Princess. Welcome home". He smiled. "We'll meet again".

She nods in guilt for no reason. "Did it hurt?" She asked him. "Hom-Dai died. Does it hurt?"

"I received my punishment".

"You deserve that. Father and I respect you. You're his loyal, our loyal priest. How dare you do such a thing behind our back, our holy home".

Imhotep circled around her in a smile. She really needs to know the whole truth. "He did".

"He?" She locked on his eyes. "Is the Pharaoh to you. Where's your manner, Imhotep".

"I'm here with my own reasonable, Princess".

"Why are you bringing me back here?" She asked him again. "Why did you do this?" He never left. She demanded the answer. "Answer me, Imhotep. Why?"

She called out the pharaoh guards but no one came for her. Imhotep stopped circling around her, he stood.

"I don't belong here anymore, Imhotep. My soul belongs in Heaven with my family and my husband, Ramesses". Her eyes glittering as she mentioned his name. "He's a wonderful man".

"So you married Ramesses? What was he like?"

Nefertiri breathed, said. "He's my husband and the king. He is often regarded as the greatest, most celebrated, and most powerful pharaoh of the New Kingdom, itself the most powerful period of Ancient Egypt".

"And?"

"Ramesses was incredibly devoted to me and was obsessed with my beauty. His admiration for me, as this our love story is so important to Egyptian history".

Her smile glittering again. "I love him so much, Imhotep. He's my everything I have".

"What about me?" Her eyes on him again. Imhotep leaned closer to her, she could feel his breath on her face.

He spoke back. "I've been waiting for you my entire life. Unfair to see you with Ramesses after my death".

"You didn't answer mine. Why am I here, Imhotep?"

He stared at her eyes, said. "There's a thing you don't know that I'm going to tell you now. It's my revenge. My revenge towards your family".

"My family? Your death because of your own guilt. My family had nothing to do with it".

She screams.

Stepping back, away from Imhotep, trying to get out from this nightmare. "I'm not belong here. Please take me home, Imhotep".