CHAPTER NINE

Day in the morning with Carnahan's. Again. Jonathan slowly reached downstairs. Though he doesn't mind about what happened to Evelyn. He was worried if something bad happened to her last night.

Imhotep. The name fears as He.

He stalked her here. Wasn't shocking news but he's here. Can you imagine?

He'd follow her here. Luckily she was alright. God's heavenly protecting her. He hasn't touched her. Well, not psychically touch her.

Did he?

He didn't try to hurt her either. Ardeth was right about Imhotep. Everything about Imhotep really happens.

He walked into the kitchen. Smiling, he saw her. So did she. Still alive.

"Good morning, Jonathan. Breakfast is ready. Come and sit".

He dragged the chair and sat. He looked at her. "How did you sleep last night, Sis?"

She nodded her head, telling him she's okay with her slumber sleep last night.

"Good to hear". He said. "Are you sure you're okay?"

She looked at him. "You sound so funny early this morning, Jonathan. What's up to you?"

"I'm fine".

She smiled. Pour the tea inside the cup. Then take a seat in front of him. "You wanna talk about it".

"About Imhotep. Yes". He drinks tea. "Are you sure it was him you saw last night? Or perhaps someone else. That might scare you. That's why you thought it was Him".

"So, you fancies him".

"I'm not".

"It was dark and night, Jonathan. Who else who wears black garments like he did".

"I thought you didn't see him clearly. How so sure it was him".

Exhaling. She sighs out loud. "I don't know. I don't know how to explain. But things are _ I'm very sure it's him. He followed me last night. No wait. He followed me to the library".

"You're not admiring him, Sis?" She stared. "The body, the masculine or something attracts you to him. Drooling about him, his body. You better start talking before Ardeth finds out".

"What are you talking about, Jonathan? I'm not admiring him. Or sort of you said. I'm not, believe me. I had a choice to run and I ran. Why is that so complicated to say".

She breathes, continuing. "Do you know how many ideas risked my life and how many ideas he would hurt me last night. No wait. Since the library".

She repeated the words again. Jonathan bit his lips. "Turn you into His".

"I made a mistake, Jonathan. And I'm not gonna blow up again. Just help me, figure it out how to send him back into the underworld. I've been searching for '' how".

Ardeth comes into view between them. Horus on his shoulder. He feeds Horus with bread. Evelyn asks him to join them for breakfast and he accepts it with open arms.

"You saying?" ask Jonathan to Ardeth as he takes a seat.

"Not much likely to be said early this morning. Like I'd said, you two really need my help. And I did help for a reason".

Horus flew out the house after eat. Ardeth reach cup of tea and eat pancake Evelyn's made for them. He eats it like there's no other day.

"This is amazing. I do love foreign food. I've never traveled by myself except here. I was born here. This is my home. That is my job to protect. I will never leave this place".