I'm Cassiopeia Eleanor Raymond, by the way. A Biracial child, who had the best parents in the world. My dad's name is Matthew Raymond and mom is Stephanie Raymond (née Bolton). I was born on the fifth of December, 1997.

"Dance with me honey." My mum cooed. Dad was quite hesitant because I was still in his arms.

"Let me hold her, you pretty couple can enjoy yourselves." Aunt Rachael came over and took me out of dad's grasp. Dad and mum smiled at me one last time before going to the dance floor where others had already gathered.

"Ah! Dear Cassie, let's take a walk, shall we?" Aunt Rachael whispered in my ear. She nibbled on my earlobe for a while and I giggled in delight.

She walked about fifty steps and stopped at our large garden. She took a seat on the long metal chair at the centre of the garden. The pleasant smell of the flowers wafted around us and I watched her close her eyes for a brief moment, inhaling the scent.

Suddenly, tears flowed down her eyes and I looked up to see her crying silently.

"Simon is leaving me and he's taking Anabelle with him. He wants a divorce because he's tired of my drunk lifestyle." She said to the herself.

"I've tried to change but nothing I do can ever help me leave alcohol. I don't want them both to leave me." She cried harder.

"Ma-ma!" I said, patting her with my little chubby fingers.

"Aww! You just called me 'Mama'?" She hicupped and the smell of beer or something stronger breezed out of her mouth. How come my parents didn't realize she was drunk before giving me over to her?

I started crying, already sensing danger.

"Stop crying Cassie. I'm your mother... Wait a minute," She slurred, and thought deep. "I can be your real mother. Since Simon wants to take Anabelle away from me, then I can have you. All I have to do is run away with you. I won't be alone anymore. I'm sure my sister, Stephanie and the rest won't notice our absence." She whispered excitedly.

Immediately, she stood up and began to run towards the gate. Her legs were unbelievably fast and I got scared. This made me cry the more.

"Where are you running off to?" Gemma, our house help yelled. Her heavy British accent brought my Aunt to a pause.

"Um... Eh... I... " Aunt Rachael stuttered. This was unlike her. Her expression made Gemma suspicious.

"Speak up young lady!" Gemma shouted. Gemma, 35 years old, had been working as a Cook Assistant since she was nineteen in mum's family house. She was a British immigrant who got married to Arthur Clarke, a police officer. When she gave birth to her son, Jason, three years ago, she stopped working for mum but mom rehired her when I was born and she often came to take care of me when mom and dad had somewhere to go. She garnered respect from mum and Aunt Rachael so she was used to speaking to them in a way that was above house help limits.

Knowing she had been caught and there wasn't a tangible excuse for her actions, Aunt Rachael turned to her left, to the road, so she could cross to the other side.

It was quite dark already and difficult for her to see. She didn't even notice that a trailer carrying imported goods was heading towards us. There was no light emanating from the vehicle to indicate it's presence.

It hit her with full force and she lost complete balance, flinging me into the air. Unlike this time, I knew I wasn't up in the air for fun. The sound of Gemma's voice resonated and it frightened me the more. I screamed in the highest baby voice I could muster.

I hit my head ferociously on the ground and felt my life shred to a million pieces.

"Oh my God! Cassiopeia... Oh no!" my mum, Stephanie, screamed bloody murder.

Being a little baby, I was surprised I was still conscious to feel my body. You know babies are fragile but somehow, I was different.

I turned to look at my aunt. She was lying so still and peaceful, blood oozed out of her head and ears and her eyes were wide open.

Pain seized me completely, especially my eyes. That was the last thing I remembered before darkness consumed me.

Hope you enjoyed the first prologue readers? What are your thoughts on this chapter? We all know that babies see and understand things, so I tried writing for you all to understand what goes through their minds (babies are aware of their surroundings) Cassie is a baby here and I wanted you all to feel the emotions of a baby. They are humans too!

Please don't forget to follow, vote, comment and share.
The second prologue will be up soon. Until then!

Love,
Osaro.