Stargazing

"Clare," Jace prompted. "I want to show you something tonight." He met her eyes with his own. Clary was reading a book on their bed, until Jace's offer, interrupted her train of thought.
"Why? And Where?" She questioned.
"No reason, and on the roof of the Institute." Clary was suspicious of her dazzling boyfriend. He knew she didn't like surprises, and that he rarely planed anything without her. Sighing, she shook her head a distinct 'yes', sending Jace flying out of the room. Rolling her eyes, Clary continued reading her book.

About two hours later, Clary made her way up to the roof of the Institute. Laid out in front of her was a blanket with food littered on top of it. Jace stood beside it, holding a rose. Clary ran and jumped into his arms, making him stumble backwards a little.
"You brought me up here, at midnight, to have a picnic?" Clary asked incredulously. Jace just chuckled and nodded.
"That, and I have a surprise." He said, his gold eyes illuminated with delight. He led her to sit on the blanket. They sat down together, looking out onto the city. Jace pulled out his phone and texted someone something. Clary gave him a curious look, eying his phone. He just smiled and said,
"Look out at the city." She turned her head just in time to see the city go black, the lights shutting off. Clary looked at Jace.
"Magnus?" Is all she said. Jace laughed and smiled.
"Yes. Now look up at the sky." Clary craned her neck to see the gorgeous stars decorating the ink black sky above her.
"Wow, Jace this is beautiful." She said breathlessly, not removing her gaze from the sky.
"You know what else is beautiful?" Jace asked her. She looked at him and blushed light red. Even though she knew his answer she still asked,
"What?" Jace smiled at her.
"Me." Clary slumped her shoulders down, that was not the answer she was expecting. Jace saw her disappointed look and chuckled. He pulled her into his side and kissed the top of her head.
"I'm just kidding, Love. I may be stunningly attractive, but you are definitely more beautiful than me."
"Wow, you must love me." Clary jokes.
"Why is that?" Jace asked, not fully understanding.
"You'd never say anyone was more beautiful than you!" She laughed as he rolled his eyes and kissed her nose. Clary smiled and looked back up at the constellations. They watched the sky until the early hours of the morning. Clary fell asleep on Jace's shoulder, the last thing she felt, was Jace gently picking her up bridal style, to carry her to bed.