He stood up from his place on the couch, just wanting to get away from Niall. They had a show the next night and the best thing that could happen would be for him to be left alone until they had to go on stage.

"I think I'm going to lay down. Thanks for stopping by, Niall," Harry muttered, wanting his friend to leave.

Niall got up from the sofa and went to Harry, wrapping his arms around him. "It'll work itself out, Harry. I promise. Whatever happens, I'll be here to help you through it."

"Thanks, Niall," Harry whispered, tears caressing down his cheeks.

Niall left the room, Harry now standing alone crying. He felt weak, like he had just been thrown into a battle without any weapons. He was gutted. Silently, Harry walked over to the big window and looked out at the city of Seattle. He wished that he was looking out at the cityscape to enjoy the view and not wishing that he could just disappear. Everything was going to change. Obviously, the band had changed when Zayn left, but now it was an even bigger change. There lives as a bunch of lads having a good time together would never be the same.

Nothing would be the same.

----

A loud rapping on Harry's room door woke him from his power nap. He uncurled himself from his fetal position and slowly walked over to the door, scared to answer it. He was about to put his eye to the peephole, but found he didn't have to when he heard a voice on the other side.

"Harry, please. I know you're in there. Please just let me talk to you," Louis pleaded.

Tears pricked the backs of Harry's eyes once again as he stood there, frozen in silence. He knew that he needed to talk to Louis, but he was so broken and hurt that he didn't know if he could face him. Though he knew Louis enough to know that he wasn't going to leave until Harry were to answer.

"Babe, please. I can explain. I need to explain," Louis begged, his voice desperate. "I'm going to get Paul's keycard for your room, so I suggest you open the damn thing."

Harry wasn't dumb. He knew, especially under the circumstances, that Paul wouldn't give Louis the keycard. Paul knew Harry well enough to know that Harry wasn't going to face Louis until he was good and ready, which wouldn't require his assistance unless it got out of hand.

With a gulp, Harry slowly closed his wet eyes and squeezed out a sob, trying to stay quiet. He walked away from the door, knowing that he had to let go of Louis. He had to ignore him in order to get rid of him, to move on from the years that they had spent together. To start his life as a single man for the first time since he was sixteen.

However, he heard the door clicking open and before he could rush back to hold it shut, Louis was stood in the room. He looked like an utter mess, his hair strewn about and he was wearing the clothes that he had worn yesterday. Harry's stomach wrenched at the sight of him, making him want to run to the toilet and throw up. He couldn't believe that Paul had given him the keycard. He thought that he could trust him.

"Harry, please. Can you just allow me to talk to you? Can I explain this?" Louis begged, his eyes red like he had been awake for days.

"What is there to explain?" Harry muttered, letting his hair fall into his face.

"That I'm sorry that you have to go through this," Louis apologized, his voice going soft.

Harry squeezed out the welled up tears in her eyes before he spoke again. "I'm not going through this. It's over, Louis."

Saying his name felt like something sour was just dropped onto his tongue. He never thought that he would be saying such words to him. He thought that they would get married, they would have a house and family of their own. He never saw himself with anyone else other than Louis. So many plans for their future together were now just fantasies, just dreams that were like balloons floating away in the wind.