Chapter 15 (Updated)

Start from the beginning

"May I take your coat, Mademoiselle?" An elderly man approached her with a warm smile.

"I-uh-sure." She slowly stripped her coat and gave it to the elderly man. The butler bowed and excused himself. From that point she felt like royalty, well maybe nobility with the butlers, maids, and a fancy estate.

"Jewel," Draco called out. A short young lady with braided black hair stepped forward from the line of maids and approached them with a bow.

"How may I be of assistance?" Jewel spoke. Alicia immediately heard a faded French accent but a dominant British accent.

Draco faced Alicia and explained how Jewel will be her lady-in-waiting for the rest of her stay in France. One by one Draco introduced everyone working in the estate. There were 5 maids and butlers, 2 elves, a chef, and a stable master.

"Master Draco, Mistress Astoria has told me to inform you of a sudden change of plans. She and the young master would be staying at her sister's home for the night." The elder butler informed him. "She also asked the Master to floo her once he had settled."

"Of course. Thank you." Draco nodded and turned to Alicia and Jewel, who were lightly chatting behind him.

It has been a tiring day and from Alicia's condition earlier it would be best to retire to the bed early. He also noticed how quiet she was ever since the jewelry shop. He had dismissed it as being exhausted from the trip.

"It has been a long day. I'm sure you're exhausted. Astoria and Scorpius' are at Daphne's home. They'll be back tomorrow morning. Why don't you get some rest? Someone will bring you dinner."

"Thank you again, professor."

"You're welcome, my dear."

"Jewel, please show Alicia to her room."

"Of course, master. This way please." Jewel also gestured for one of the butlers to follow her up to Alicia's room with her luggage.

--

As they passed the halls of the mansion, Alicia couldn't help but admire how beautiful it was inside. The navy blue carpeted floor complemented the oak wood walls perfectly. It had more of a masculine vibe to it but you could see pieces of decoration that would suggest a woman's touch. Alicia didn't know why but she felt at home more than she had ever in the Burrow.

"This is your room, Miss." Jewel stopped in front of a beautiful carved wooden door. She opened the door leading to a spacious bedroom. Several things decorated the room but what stood out the most was the huge arch window looking out the gardens, it provided a nice reading nook, a big fireplace warming the whole room, crème colored carpet, a huge bookcase almost covering the whole west wall and dark wood canopy bed with crème sheets.

"This is beautiful." Alicia admired as she ran her hand over the soft sheets.

"The mistress decorated the room herself. It's not every day she can design a room for a girl. The master had to stop her from buying another bed because she said, and I quote, 'the wood isn't the right color' she's very particular with these things." Jewel laughed.

"Honestly, it looks great." Alicia smiled still enamored with the whole room.

"You might want to tell her that yourself. It might ease her worries."

"I will. Thank you, Jewel."

"Of course, Miss Granger. Is there anything else I could do before I leave?"

"Please, just call me Alicia."

Jewel smiled and nodded before leaving Alicia to her business. Alicia laid down on the bed she smiled when the soft sheets and mattress cradled her tired body. The events of that day had left her thinking about her father. The necklace was always a clue but that was it. It was a dead clue but maybe France had some answers to some.