chapter twenty-eight

the mendes project
[brooklyn jones]

-

breathing against his rosy lips, i look up to him, straight into his caramel eyes. i see a few sparkles around his pupil. it looks perfect. my breath nearly stops, as his warm hands stroke over my cheeks. why do the wrong things always feel so right? his breath feels warm and moist against my lips. my gaze moves down, over his nose to his wonderful mouth. his long fingers stroke over my cheeks, moving back to the hair behind my ear. shawn twirls my hair around his finger. every single of his touches seems like fire burning under my skin. my heart nearly explodes. i want to know how his lips feel. i want to know how they taste. his eyes move over my whole face, seeming like he wants to memorize every single part of my face. even his gaze on my skin feels like electricity.

"you're so beautiful", shawn mumbles against my lips. i bite onto them, while blushing. his other hand moves to my left cheek. my skin burns, it feels hotter than fire.

"i-", i stammer. my brain doesn't work anymore. shawn glances at me, while raising his brows gently.

"i can't do this", i say, turning fast around. it's clear, that I feel more for shawn. more than just wanting to be friends with him. and that's why i can't do this to him. walking away, shawn grabs my wrist.

"don't go", shawn mumbles softly. he sounds different. but still there's a soft tone in his voice.

"no shawn, i can't", i say. he is still holding my wrist.

"you can't do this...but i can't let you go", he says, turning me around and pulling me towards him. i nearly crash onto his chest. i breath in. looking down, i don't know what happens. i mean, i wanted to go but...

"don't go, brooklyn", he mumbles, "don't leave me like this"

i sigh looking up. i feel disrupted. if I stay...he'll hurt. i'll hurt. if i go, we'll be hurt too. i know i can't get over him, though until now nothing happened. i look up again. into his perfect eyes.

shawn is still holding my wrist. his both hands, grab mine. our fingers are intertwined and our elbows touch. heavily i breathe in. i shake my head.

"no...", i say.

"don't go", he says again.

"i mean no, i won't go", i mumble against his chin. our hands feel like they are made for each other, they fit perfectly. a soft smile appears on his symmetric lips. it is so wonderful, that the corners of my mouth turn upwards.

chapter twenty-eight
the mendes project
[shawn peter raul mendes]

-

she stays. she doesn't leave me like this. i look at her perfect smile and my eyes move to her eyes. i've never been so close to her except now. i can see that her right eye wears a contact lens. it's not a natural colour like her other eye. she is so fascinating. from the moment that we met, i knew it. she is beautiful in every single way. i look down to our intertwined fingers, taking my hands to stroke over her soft, rosy cheeks with freckles on it.

pulling her closer to me, i put my lips on hers. they feel so wonderful, full and soft. everything feels right at the moment, though it might be wrong. but it shouldn't be wrong. something so perfect shouldn't be wrong.

closing my eyes, i feel nothing but her. her warm lips, the way she moves them. the way how they feel on mine. i breathe in, pressing my lips a bit heavier on hers. i pull her closer to me, so that i feel her little body against my muscles. she opens her lips, letting my tongue in. everything seems so perfect. opening my eyes, i see hers closed. closing my eyes again, i feel her hands on my neck. they feel a bit cold, but that doesn't matter. it's just this moment, that matters. me and her. nothing between us, nothing around us. there's nothing that could destroy this moment.

i loosen my lips, opening my eyes. after a few seconds, brooklyn opens her eyes too.

"did i mention, that you look absolute beautiful?", is all i get out of my mouth. she laughs gently.

"i think you said something like this", she says with her amazing voice.

"what should I say, hun. it's true", i say.

"hun?", she asks smiling.

"sorry", i say irritated. maybe she doesn't like to hear this.

"no, don't apologize. please, can you say it again?", she mumbles blushing. i smile, glancing at her.

"hun, you are absolutely amazing. darling, i honestly don't know how to form words to describe my feelings", i say. she smiles. i'm unable to describe what i am feeling.

"i...i feel the same, i think", she stutters, adding, "but we shouldn't be overhasty. we should give us time. you know? i just want everything to be perfect"

i nod my head. she is right, we should take it slow.