"He likes..."

"You, yeah." Yui stood up and scratched her head. "I shouldn't be the one saying, but screw it. I won't let my best friend blaming herself."

"He likes me..." The idea of the boy she liked liking him back made Tsukiko blush. "Are you sure?" she asked, not daring to believe.

"Yeah. Taiyou told me himself... more like I forced it out of him," Yui mumbled the last part, an awkward smile crossing her face. Tsukiko knew her friend well enough to know that the girl was proud of that. "He told me he likes you and wanted to kiss you again."

"Huh? Kiss me again?" Tsukiko's cheeks lost her colors. "What are you talking about?"

"Ah, I shouldn't have said that," Yui said, more to herself than to Tsukiko. "Well, it's already out of the bag, so I'll just reveal everything. Do you remember that flower-watching day? When you went with his family? You were a little drunk because of the amazake and ended up kissing him."

"Wait... that wasn't... a dream? It actually happened?" Tsukiko had a vague look in her eyes. She had a faint image of her kissing Taiyou-kun under a cherry tree. She always thought it had been but a dream, but even so, that made her happy whenever she thought about it. Suddenly her cheeks when an alarming shade of red and she covered her face with both hands. "I thought it was so vivid for a dream! It happened for real?"

"Yeah," Yui said without trying to hide her smile or her laugh. But before either of them said anything else, the doorbell rang. "Oh, that must be him."

"What? Taiyou-kun?" Tsukiko turned to the door of her bedroom, her body growing hot despite the air conditioning. "Why? How do you—"

"'Cause I texted him." Yui interrupted her friend, showing the cellphone on her hand. Then walked out of the bedroom and went the front door.

"No, wait! I can't... I'm in my pajamas..." Tsukiko tried to go after her friend, but tripped on her numb legs. Damn it, she thought, trying to stand up, but tripping again on the sheet. "Wait, Yui! Don't open that door!"

The girl ignored Tsukiko's protest and opened the door with a huge smile. "Hey, Taiyou. What a surprise to see you. You have a great timing." Yui stepped out of the way to let the boy in. "I just told her that you two kissed."

The boy was in the middle of taking his shoes off when Yui dropped the bomb. He froze and kept bent down, not saying said a word as he stared at his shoelaces.

Still on the floor, even from this distance, Tsukiko saw his face turning an alarming shade of red. Finally, Taiyou-kun faced Yui, opening and closing his mouth, but no sound coming from him. Then he noticed the girl on the floor.

Tsukiko looked up at Taiyou-kun and when their eyes met, they both averted their gaze at the same time, too embarrassed to say anything.

"I'll leave you two alone," Yui said, barely hiding how much fun she was having.

Tsukiko tried to take the lead, but whenever they looked at each other, they averted their eyes right away. Taiyou-kun was almost was red as Tsukiko. Damn it, Yui! Why did you have to say it like that? How am I supposed to face him now?

The boy pressed his lips closed his eyes and walked to her. "Tsukiko, I like you!"

The girl widened her eyes. He said it! It's the first time a boy says... It's not the first time... She stopped smiling and looked at the floor, sensing the happiness leaving her. "I don't deserve that... I did that to—"

"I don't know and don't care what happened!" he shouted to interrupt her. "I'm an idiot. I should've never screamed at you like that. But that's the past. Right now, all that I care is that I love you!"

Even through tears, she looked up. I've never seen him like this... She could tell; there was no hesitation in the boy's words. He looked into her eyes at her without blinking. With his help, the girl managed to sit up.

Taiyou-kun knelt on the ground and when they were at the same height, he kissed Tsukiko.

The girl blinked and didn't know how to react. Then, in the next moment, she closed her eyes and kissed him back. Tsukiko had no idea how long it lasted. Could be minutes, could be seconds. All she care was the happiness she felt coming from that kiss.

When they pulled apart, Tsukiko couldn't either stop smiling or crying. She saw the worry in his eyes and she put a hand on his cheek and kissed the other. "Tears of happiness from kissing the boy I like," she said with a huge smile.

His face became even redder, but even so, he smiled too. It was the biggest smile she had ever seen in him. All that for me, she thought. They looked into each other's eyes, so happy there was no need for words.

It felt as if nothing could break the moment... until a flash crashed their world.

"That was so cute," Yui said, smiling as well, though Tsukiko knew it was a different one than hers. The girl pretended to clean the tears she never cried. "I'm so moved."

"Did you take a picture of everything?"

"Who do you think am I?" Yui shook her head. "I'd never ruin my best friend confession by taking some photos. No, no, no. I recorded the whole thing."

"W-w-why would you do that?"

"Oh, come on. I did you a favor. I mean, how many girls can say they have it on video the moment they got their first boyfriend?"

"B-boy... f-f-friend...?" The word made Tsukiko stutter. That simple word made the girl's mind stop working. She turned slowly towards Taiyou-kun.

The boy mumbled a few noises, barely making any sense. "Yes. I'm your boy...friend..." he tried saying in a firm voice, but failed.

Despite her embarrassment, Tsukiko let out a weak chuckle as she cleaned the last tears. "The best boyfriend," she said, and kiss him again.

"I promise I'll do everything to make you happy," he said when they pulled apart, the determination filling his eyes.

"I already am," she said with her biggest smile yet.