"Sure." I narrow my eyes towards her. We both finished our coffees and left Starbucks and walked down the somewhat empty streets of New York. Somehow, we made our way into the infamous Central Park.

"Ladies!" A voice stirred behind us and we both already knew who it was.

"Ayan, go away. Can I have some time with my best friend please? We had enough of Ayan already, now shoo!" Alizeh grabs my arm pulling me close so Ayan doesn't come between us.

"No one can ever have enough of me Alizeh darling! After all I'm such a talented person, isn't that right Shrads?" He asks me and I shake my head negatively while laughing. "You guys are so rude, I swear!" He starts pouting as we all laugh.

"Aww, don't you know you're the only one we don't mind making fun of, so don't be a drama queen my darling!" Alizeh pinches his cheek and continues laughing.

"Shut up, anyway Alizeh I'm whisking Shrads away for 5 minutes and then you could have her for the rest of your life." He says grabbing my hand.

"Fine, if she comes back crying I'll kill you I swear." She says and I laugh as Ayan brings me somewhere far from Alizeh.

"What Ayan?" I ask as I stop laughing putting my hair strands behind my ear.

"I wanted to talk to you about what happened last night at the club." He says and I look at him confused.

"What happened last night? I thought we spoke about it this morning on the way to my apartment." I say.

"No, something else happened last night. Don't you remember it?" He asks.

"What?" I asked.

"Well," He hesitates before I cut him off.

"Well what Ayan? Just say it." I say getting anxious.

"We kissed." He says and I am completely mortified. I didn't even look at the person's face I kissed last night. Turns out it was Ayan, which explains why he was being nice because he wanted to talk about it.

"Ayan, I'm so sorry I swear. I didn't mean to, it was an accident. The both of us were drunk and I thought you were someone else. I didn't know it was you, I'm so sorry." I say before noticing the way his face falls.

"No it's totally okay, I just thought to tell you considering you weren't in a good mood this morning." He says and I nod looking down at my feet. "By the way, what happened this morning?" He asks.

"A customer harassed me and I threw him out, then my boss wanted me to not react, so I quit." I say.

"Shit, you okay though?" He asks pulling me in for a hug. I nod against his firm, masculine chest wrapping my arms around his broad back.

"Yeah, I'm gonna be just fine." I whisper. His hand slightly rubs my back in a soothing manner as I relax into him. "I just gotta find some way to make some money before Alizeh notices when I give her less money for rent." I say.

"I could help you." He says.

"No, I don't want you to give me your money." I say pulling away from the hug.

"Please, just as a friend to another." He says.

"No Ayan." I say pulling my bag closer to me.

"Please." He says and before I could reply, another voice cuts me off.

"I believe she said no." The voice says, and it sends a shiver through me. I knew the owner of that voice too well and I refuse to believe it was him, but I knew better. I watch as Ayan's eyes shift from me to behind me.