Chapter 1

Shraddha POV:
Sunlight beaming through my curtains. The curtains were a cream color that complimented my room in way that made it feel nice and cozy. I sat up stretching my arms not before looking at the clock I have beside my bed.

"Shraddha wake up you have to go to the tailor today!" My mom said as she barged into my room and drew my curtains.

"Mom can't you see I'm already awake?" I put my hand over my face as the sunlight was beaming through my window.

"And Mumma, I already told you I want a designer lehenga. I'm not going to wear a desi outfit. Mujhe designer lehenga chahiye." I said and got up from my bed. I wore my fluffy bunny slippers and began to make my bed. I made my bed and got my towel right before I headed into the bathroom.

I stare at myself in the mirror, my hair is all messy and my face is clear and rid of breakouts. I couldn't help but feel so bad for myself. I'm having an arranged marriage unfortunately. Considering the fact I'm not having the kind of wedding I've always wanted, I might aswell ask for a lehenga that I want to wear for my wedding. After I came out of the shower, I got dressed and headed downstairs. I sat at the table for breakfast who was then followed by my cousin brother who has been staying with us to help my dad out with his business. Then not too long after my cousin brother came my step sister.

"Morning Papa." Tara says. She's my step sister because my birth mom had died during birth. When I was 9, my dad had finally moved on and found someone who had made him really happy. Not only did she accept him, she accepted me aswell which is what my dad really wanted. They got married and we were having the perfect life until she got pregnant and came Tara. I did have a biological sister aswell but she suffered an unfortunate fate. We haven't ever moved on from that which is a major reason I'm getting an arranged marriage.

"Morning Papa!" I said and then started taking my breakfast which consisted of a toast and an omelette and coffee.

"Hurry and eat your breakfast. I'm going to drop you to that tailor and then leave for work." Papa said.

"Papa, I already told you. I will only wear Manish Malhotra designer lehenga, otherwise say bye bye to the groom." I said after taking a bite of my toast.

"Ok fine how much is it?" Papa said.

"A lot of money." I said with a smile.

"Sorry Di, if only we had a money tree!" My cousin brother joked causing me to roll my eyes and kick his legs. 

"But Papa, I want something like a Manish Malhotra designer lehenga." I said in a tone to which caused Tara and mother to smile at us but yet not looking at us.

"Money doesn't grow on trees." Cousin brother said and left the table.

"Pa--" i was interrupted.

"Your cousin Ayaan is absolutely correct." Papa said making me groan.

"You and Ayaan always side together!" I slapped my forehead. "I didn't get to choose my groom, let me at least choose what I want to wear at the wedding." I argued.

"I seen what happens when people choose." Papa said to which everyone stopped eating just looking at their plates. There was silence surrounding us all, that is until he breaks the silence again. "Shraddha what's wrong with a desi lehenga? Dadi also wore a desi lehenga for her wedding!" Papa said.

"Hmph, my mother in law chose it!" Dadi said.

"I believe the jewelry set was also fake!" Mom laughs.

"Hmph!" Dadi said.

"So Papa are you going to give me your card so I can buy the lehenga?" I asked nicely.