Chapter 22

Varun's POV:
Night had fallen and I sat on the cot not knowing what to do now while Sid, Nikhil and I were drinking. I'm extremely confused on what to do. I promised Shraddha I'm going to do something but here Vikram has already made a move. He even took Shraddha out on a date.

Author's POV:
Shraddha's dad was waiting for Varun to come down and smoke with him. Truthfully, her dad loves the talks they share whether it's about Shraddha or just general things. But, he still had intimidate Varun to not let him know what he actually thinks. He's a good man for Shraddha he always felt the minute he saw Varun come back to fight for her, but like every protective father they think with their mind and not their hearts. He played with the lighter in his hand patiently waiting for Varun.

"Varun won't come today." His wife said as she sat next to him and handed him a cigarette.

Varun's POV:
I keep staring at my phone, even checking to see if there's a message from her. I received nothing, no update on where he took her, how things were going. Absolutely nothing, as I tossed my phone onto the cot leaning my head back as I take a sip of my beer.

Author's POV:
"He's just like you." His wife said to him, trying to reason with her stubborn husband. She knows he's only like this because of what happened to Shraddha's older sister, otherwise he wouldn't have objected their pure love.

"He has honesty in his eyes. He loves Shraddha very much." She said once he didn't say anything to her. Few minutes later, her mother in law joined the both of them.

"Can you not see that he isn't like that scoundrel who costed my first grandchild her life? That despite the beatings you have put him through, he's still here only to prove to you that Shraddha is one whom he loves,yet you are absolutely oblivious to that fact.If he wanted, he could've easily left Shraddha that day you hit him, or when he found out you dragged her back here making her leave the job she loved and did passionately. But did he? No, that just goes to show you how important Shraddha is to him. How he put her as his number one priority, but yet you're unable to see it all." His mother says to him as he played with the cigarette stick.

"You cannot control Shraddha's happiness when it clearly lies with Varun." His wife said to him.

"Please stop both of you." He said cutting the both of them off. "My decision is final!" He adds. But he sat there debating if it really was final.

"Son, your problem is that you want to control everything. You can control your children's lives but you can't control what life has in store for them." His mother said.

"You need to realize just because what happened to your eldest daughter, does not mean the same will happen to Shraddha. The earlier you realize this, the better it will be for you to stop this madness." His mother said and got up with her daughter in law guiding her to the house.

Shraddha's POV:
So Vikram has taken me on a date. I'm not really interested in it, but I'm acting as nice as I can be.

"Anything else?" Vikram asks me. I shake my head negatively.

"I'm going to the airport to pick my parents up tomorrow morning, and I'd like you to come with me." He said.

"Okay." I smiled and took a sip of my fruit juice, that is until my eyes landed on a group of men who were drinking beers and being loud as expected. One of them noticed I was staring and then one after the other they were all staring at me.