Chapter 12

Varun's POV:
"What?" I asked clearly shocked.

"Di's been forcefully taken home back to our village and she's getting arranged marriage soon." Tara says and my face falls. She invites me in the apartment and I take in appearance of the apartment. It's filled with boxes and suitcases, even though it is empty, I agree with how cosy it felt.

Tara then narrates the entire matter to me about what happened earlier this morning. Tears begin to well in my eyes, just as to when I thought it could've happened between me and Shraddha my hopes begin to diminish.

"I'm going to our village tonight." She says looking down. I need to go get my girl no matter if she wanted to take it slow or not.

"I need to get Shraddha back." I say and she looks up at me. "Will you help me?" I asked the sister of the girl I loved so much.

"Of course, but what do you have planned?" She asked.

"I don't Know right now, but I'm going to go there and get Shraddha back." I say and she nods.

"Just let me know when you are coming and I'll make some arrangements for you." She says and I nod.

"Thank you. Is it okay if you let me know when you're at your house, so I can talk to Shraddha?" I asked and she nods. I thank her again and I make my way out of the building without getting recognized.

My manager Ishita texts to inform me that the magazines have been taken back and they'll replace the covers. I finally breathe a sigh of relief but then immediately remember Shraddha's back in her village. I wonder how she is, must be missing me of course. But knowing her, she'd deny it then say "Varun you are so full of yourself!" I laugh at our memories while looking through the window as we seen to get closer to my building.

Shraddha POV:
"Shraddha get dressed. Your future-in-laws will be coming today to discuss the dates with the pandit. It's important to make a good impression." Mom says and a tear rolls from my eyes as I sit on my bed.

I've been brought back to my parent's village where they were born and raised and that too without my will. I woke up with constant banging at our front door of our flat, and I was yelled at and that's when I saw it. I saw my picture kissing Varun Dhawan on the front of a magazine cover.

*Flashback*

I woke up with constant banging on the front door. I wonder who it was, so I got up and woke Tara up with me. I unlocked the front the door, and I saw my cousin brother. He was furious and then I saw my dad alongside with him.

"Dad? Ayaan? What are you both doing here? Is everything okay?" I asked before stepping aside letting them come inside.

"No, everything is not okay Shraddha. Get your bags, you're coming back to our village." Dad says with a straight face.

"What? Why? What's wrong?" I asked. Suddenly, Ayaan grabs my hand and places a sheet of paper in my hand. It looked as if it was ripped straight from a magazine. I look at it and I was shocked at what was on the cover page. It was a picture of Varun and I kissing in the garden last night. How the hell did someone capture this? What if it was V—No no it can't be. He was with me all night. He wouldn't even think of doing something like this.

"That's what's wrong Shraddha! How can you do this to us?" Dad yells at me. How is this possible? I continue to stare at the magazine cover in my hand as my finger trembles. Tears continue to well in my eyes as I stare at the picture.

"Go get your bags now!" He shouts. Tears stream down my face, what has happened now? Ugh, now my entire life will be at stake due to one mistake of the paps.