Chapter 11

Shraddha's POV:
Our kiss was magical and I didn't want it to end but it had to as we had to breathe. My hands stayed wrapped around his neck while his was on my waist. He slowly pulled away from the kiss, but resting his forehead against mine. We both were heavily breathing, as our chests raced against one another's. My eyes slightly opened as I tried to get a glimpse of him. His eyes were closed, as if he felt satisfied about what just happened. He slowly opens his eyes as he pulls his forehead from mine.

"That was something." He smiles licking his lips. He keeps staring me as if he wants to press his lips against mine again. If I was honest, I'd want to do the same thing too. Surprising the both of us, I stepped on my toes and pressed my lips against his once more before pulling away. He looks at me surprised before we were interrupted. I quickly get myself out of Varun's grip before anyone saw and add a reasonable amount of distance between us.

"Di, what are you guys doing in the rain?" Tara says coming close to us with Sid. Tara eyes me suspiciously while walking towards us.

"I was just outside getting some air and it just started raining like that." I say.

"Oh, do you want to go home and get changed off?" She asks and I nod.

"Yeah, I think I had enough tonight. So I'm just going to go home and dry off." I say and she nods. "You'll come home with Sid right?" I asked and she blushes and looks at Sid and nods.

"Don't be late." I playfully warn her and she laughs. Both her and Sid bid Varun and I goodbye and they go off back into the hall.

"Why are you going so soon?" He asks.

"I need to dry off." I say and he nods.

"Come, I'll drop you." He places his hand on my lower back and guides me through the side entrance which doesn't make us known to the other guests in the hall.

As we step outside, there's no paps outside which is a sign of relief. The last thing I would want is to get spotted with Varun and let them invade my personal life. I'm sure he wouldn't want the same thing for either of us.

He opens the door for me, and I sit inside. I would've expected him to sit in the front with his driver but he doesn't, instead he goes on the other side and gets in right next to me. He closes the door, and gives his driver my address. He then turns to me and grabs my hand in his.

"I meant every word I said tonight Shraddha." He says and I look at him.

"I know you did Varun, I just don't know how I feel about this." I say looking at our interlocked fingers.

"What do you mean?" He questions.

"I mean, I like you Varun a lot. But we don't even know much about each other literally. We've only been spending time together because I'm choreographing your performance for filmfare." I say.

"Look at me." He says making me look at him, into his dark brown orbs.

"I'm not forcing you to get into anything with me anytime soon. I only said it so you're aware of my feelings and since I didn't know about you getting married, I got carried away with my feelings. But I do want to be with you and I do want to get to know you. So whatever you decide, I'll take it." He says and I believe him genuinely.

"I think we'll take it slow for now." I say and he smiles lightly.

"But your arranged marriage?" He questions.

"I have to say yes to someone first before that can happen, I haven't as of yet." I say tucking my hair behind my ears.

"Okay." He says and I look at him and smile. I was drawn to him, the way his eyes danced with mines in the darkness. It was like two shooting stars on the same path in the night sky. I was already under his spell just by his voice alone.