Chapter 6

Opening my eyes halfway, I stared at the cracks running on the walls. I was in the infirmary. Taking a deep breath, I squeezed my hands to gain strength. Being here made me feel weak. I always hated this place. I moved my head to the two figures at the foot of my bed. Shifting to get a better view, it was Calum and Justin having a quiet conversation. Luke was in a bed next to mine, staring at the two.

I leaned over the edge and stretched my hand out to his shoulder. His eyes turned to me. He lightly smiled, squeezing my hand. Retrieving my hand, I went back to looking at Calum and Justin. Calum went over to help Luke and brought him out. I waited for them to leave before speaking.

"Justin, what did you and Calum talk about?"

"The reason why you and Luke were here."

"Which is because?..."

"Remember when you saw the sky turn red? How you possibly saw A Morte Leito changed too?"

As I nodded my head, he sighed before continuing.

"It meant that a demon was trying to break through the barrier."

"It was a demon?!" I yelled, "That's impossible!"

"Well, turns out it is. Demons popping out rarely happen."

My mouth gaped open, "What do you mean? You've seen them before, then?"

He shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal. Though, he became serious.

"But, never inside the castle."

"Then, why now? Why did it attack Luke and me?"

"I don't know. Let's just drop it and forget what happened."

With that, I kept my mouth shut while Justin helped me out of the bed. My legs felt numb, but I ignored them. I followed Justin while staring at his back. He's seen the demons and acted as if it was nothing. How many times has this happened? Let alone, if Death knew about this too. If he did though, wouldn't he have talked to the Devil about it or done something?

We were in front of my door. Justin turned around and lightly smiled.

"You should go rest."

"I need some company if you don't mind? I might get a bad dream, so I need someone to wake me up."

He hesitated, then nodded. The doorknob unlocked by my touch and I entered, closing it after Justin. I kicked off my shoes and laid down. I placed Justin's jacket on my dresser and got under my comforter.

"I'll be here, don't worry."

He sat on my bed, leaning on the bedpost. He played with the curtains that draped around it. I felt sleepy.

"Do you have a question, Dri?"

I wanna know what you know.

I shook my head, then fell asleep.

-

I woke up from a nightmare. In the dream, the demon was in my room. Its face was near mine as it stared intensely into my eyes. It screamed while trying to grab me.

Justin was replaced with Krissy. She smiled before scooting closer, placing a hand on my arm.

"You alright?"

"I'm fine. It's not like I'm dead."

She pursed her lips, "How funny. Even though I know you won't pass an opportunity to die."

"My apologies."

She shook her head and then smiled. "But honestly, are you okay?"

"Besides the nightmare about the demon, I am." I sat up, "What time is it?"